Ordering a death cert.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordering a death cert.

I probably shouldn't be here first thing Christmas morning, but I really need to know this....lol

L found the reference for my George Ernest Knightly Evans who was killed in action in WW1...Vol 0.9 Page 3. It was on The Genealogist. I can't find it in Ancestry (even in the complete index) but I might be looking in the wrong place.

George was fighting in the UK army, but was from Kerry, Ireland.

How and where do I order the death cert????

Thanks.

Happy Christmas.

You order if from the GRO - but on the first page you select OVERSEAS DEATH CERTIFICATE.

The reference you have is correct - it isnĀ“t available on Ancestry but is available in the Overseas Index on Family Relatives or FindmyPast

You will also need the year which is 1916.

Cost for the certificate is seven pounds, same as normal BMD certs.

.... and Happy Christmas to you!
    Elaine

Comment

Thank you, Elaine.

Comment

Happy Christmas Libby, and a early Happy Christmas to you Elaine.

Comment

Merry Christmas Libby!!

Comment

I suppose your Christmas is nearly ended - we've got a few hours to go yet - but hope it was Merry anyway!
            ~ with love from Little Nell~
            Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Happy Christmas to you all...........................I'll be away for ten days from tomorrow (without a computer...lol), so I hope you all behave.

We will be slumming it in our van at the beach......................I will think of you all.

Comment

Nell......it's only 8am so we haven't had the influx of grandchildren yet......soon.

Comment

Working...
                X