1911 address query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 address query

Having bought some images from the 1911 site, I have a couple of cases where the address given by the householder isn't enough to tell me where they were living!

eg there are two roads of the same name in Wolverhampton - I can't tell which one OH's g-granny is living at, because she hasn't named the area within Wolverhampton.

Is there any way to establish where a particular street was situated? (ie what sub-district) I'm wondering if a transcript of the page might give that info, but I've not paid for any transcripts!! lol

Merry - click on the tab "About the 1911census" and have a look at the example they give for a transcript page.
    At the bottom left of the page is a box which shows the sort of info you should get - gives address, enumeration district etc. - not sure if you would get any more than what is already on the census image page.
    Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 24-12-08, 16:07. Reason: typo!
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine, I'll have a look at that..........

Comment

With the transcript you are given

Address
        District
        County
        Subdistrict
        Parish

If I had that lot for my above example I would be able to tell where OH's relative was living.

Comment

You can see the census reference if you click on the My Records tab.
          Hopefully in time there will be some way of cross referencing what the reference stands for - e.g. registration district/enumeration district etc.
          Elaine

Comment

Oooh yes! lol

Comment

Working...
            X