22 New counties added 1911 beta test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 22 New counties added 1911 beta test

They have extended the beta period into the Christmas holidays (date unspecified). Also overnight 23/24 Dec 22 more counties added. All "down south" though :(

The new counties now available are:
    • Hampshire (NEW)
    • Herefordshire (NEW)
    • Hertfordshire (NEW)
    • Huntingdonshire (NEW)
    • Norfolk (NEW)
    • Northamptonshire (NEW)
    • Oxfordshire (NEW)
    • Rutlandshire (NEW)
    • Shropshire (NEW)
    • Suffolk (NEW)
    • Surrey (NEW)
    • Sussex (NEW)
    • Warwickshire (NEW)
    • Worcestershire (NEW)

I got all excited when I found Surrey & Norfolk, did index searches and then decided to treat myself to some more credits, but then the site was too busy for me to see the images!!!
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Nell, just keep reloading it a couple of times, and you should be Ok, it kept happening to me yesterday, and by about the third time I got on, it certainly isn't like the 1901 census was, now that was a nightmare....have fun...Lilly

Comment

I've been trying on and off all day, without success.

Comment

My Christmas wish is that the 1911 test site adds Essex before they pull the plug.
          Best Christmas wishes to all FTF members.
          Moggie

Comment

Thats what I'm waiting for Moggie.

Comment

Me too found 3 out of 4 grandparents so need Essex to get the fourth.

I found i never saw any of the images on the site they just downloaded onto my computer

Comment

Same here...just waiting, hoping, on Essex now. Have 5 out of my 8 great grandparents (London, Suffolk & Hampshire luckily), the remaining 3 are all in Essex, or should be. .

Comment

Found my grandfather on 1911, wow his handwriting was good.

sunny rosy

Comment

If you are wondering why the sequence is always south-first, the site (somewhere) tells us that they're working through in piece-number order -which is how the originals are stored. The piece-numbers work south-to-north.

Christine
                    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Xmas Day and I still can't see my great-grandfather in Norfolk. It's the only image that won't load!!

Comment

Originally posted by Christine in Herts View Post
                        If you are wondering why the sequence is always south-first, the site (somewhere) tells us that they're working through in piece-number order -which is how the originals are stored. The piece-numbers work south-to-north.

Christine
                        I want to believe that as it makes sense, but how come Staffordshire and Wiltshire were available in the first list of counties and Essex, Kent and Somerset have not yet been released? :(

Comment

Originally posted by Little Nell View Post
                          Xmas Day and I still can't see my great-grandfather in Norfolk. It's the only image that won't load!!
                          That as got to be a problem with the image and not the site. I assume you've emailed them (unfortunately its 'Christmas').

I have looked at and downloaded a few images today.

I am also waiting for Essex for OH's lot.

Comment

Working...
                          X