Moston Lancashire help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moston Lancashire help please

Can anyone tell me which Records office will hold death registrations for someone who died in Moston Lancashire and was buried at the Southern Manchester Cemetery ?

I can find it anywhere in Genuki

The Registration District was Manchester, but the death is not listed in the GRO indexes, so I need to find the local records office.
    Diane
    Sydney Australia
    Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Di

Have you looked on the Lancsbmd site?

My 2 x GGF is buried in Southern Cem and his death did not get reported to the GRO, but is on the Lancsbmd site. You should also find info on the site to tell you who now holds Mostyn records, if his death has not been transcribed on there yet.

OC

Comment

Hi OC

Lancsbmd does not appear to cover Manchester, only Bury so far.

I finally found a list which shows Moston was originally in Manchester district, transferred to Prestwich then to Manchester North and then back to Manchester, and the registers are in Manchester (I think). Moston is right next to Newtown Heath where the family lived most of the time.

Di
      Diane
      Sydney Australia

Comment

Ah, Di! Newton Heath was where my missing man lived!

You can still apply for his death cert from them even though it isn't listed yet. They used to be very helpful but I don't know what happens now.

Try emailing them and asking if they are able to supply death cert for blah blah. That always worked for me.

Ooops, just noticed where you live. You may have to pay premium postage, I don't know.

OC

Comment

I will try email first, maybe they can look and see if he's there then tell me how much to supply the certificate with postage etc. As Christopher was buried on 21 Dec, I think his death reg. got lost over the Christams break and not sent on to the GRO.

Di
          Diane
          Sydney Australia

Comment

Manchester was notorious for not sending stuff to the GRO. I have six certs from Manchester which never got to the GRO.

OC

Comment

Oh, dear, sounds like I am lucky to only missing one !

I am therefore extra grateful to the MCC for putting the burials on-line, we could have searched for more years without even having a clue which decade or which RO to start with !

You and I are not looking for the same families are we ?
              Eccles, Featherstone, Ollerenshaw, Beever, Orrell, Ackers, and the transplanted Irish - Arnold, Clarke, Fitzpatrick (and oh, bigamously, Crowder).

Di
              Diane
              Sydney Australia

Comment

Di
                A very old schoolfriend of mine married an Ollerenshaw from Moston.
                Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

Hi Lynne,

GGG mother Maria Ollerenshaw married James Featherstone abt 1830/35. James died 1855 and Maria married Henry Edwards, but died herself abt 1865. I think her father was Edward. Several of her children used Ollerenshaw as a second name - but not all as far as I can tell.

Di
                  Diane
                  Sydney Australia

Comment

Working...
                  X