Manchester Burial Records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manchester Burial Records

Has anyone purchased credits on the Manchester Burial Index site ?

Is the information you get worth 3 pounds ?

I wanted to get a death certificate for a burial found there, but cannot locate a death registration !! So I thought I would get the burial information, if there is any first and then start a hunt through the local register offices for the death registration.

Di
    Diane
    Sydney Australia
    Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

I purchased the credits - I could wait no longer, I was dying of curiosity.

Yes it is the man I was looking for.

name, age, occupation, abode, parish, minister, grave section and no

Di
    Diane
    Sydney Australia

Comment

Glad that you found what you needed Di,

I havent used the site in question, but it does sound like good value for money.

well done!
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Originally posted by dicole View Post
        Has anyone purchased credits on the Manchester Burial Index site ?

Is the information you get worth 3 pounds ?

I wanted to get a death certificate for a burial found there, but cannot locate a death registration !! So I thought I would get the burial information, if there is any first and then start a hunt through the local register offices for the death registration.

Di
        Hi Di
        I have purchased credits on this site. (See other thread Manchester Burial Records Search)
        I live in the Greater Manchester Area and use the site to identify possible people from the FREE index. I then go to Manchester and look up these paper indexes and full details. Once I have established the correct person I then pay to see if there are other family members in the same grave. Again using the index. This saves spending £3 every time, although on occasions I do have to pay when I cannot ascertain the info from Manchester.
        If you wanted any looking up whilst I am in Manchester please let me know I will do my best to find them.

Comment

Hi
          I bought some credits because I just could not wait - it was certainly worth the 3 pounds to have confirmed Christopher's age as 81, which means it must be my gg grandfather. However, as I cannot find his death in the GRO index, at least I have a date and address to work with now.

I worked through the free index and identified many of our family burials and was able to match them to GRO entries in the death indexes. All except Christopher who does not seem to have made it to the GRO - possibly because he was buried on 21 Dec, perhaps he slipped through in the change of quarters/years.

Di
          Diane
          Sydney Australia

Comment

Originally posted by dicole View Post
            Hi
            I bought some credits because I just could not wait - it was certainly worth the 3 pounds to have confirmed Christopher's age as 81, which means it must be my gg grandfather. However, as I cannot find his death in the GRO index, at least I have a date and address to work with now.

I worked through the free index and identified many of our family burials and was able to match them to GRO entries in the death indexes. All except Christopher who does not seem to have made it to the GRO - possibly because he was buried on 21 Dec, perhaps he slipped through in the change of quarters/years.

Di
            Glad you found what you wanted.
            If you want pictures of the gravestones let me know.

Comment

Working...
            X