Market Porter GL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Market Porter GL?

My gg grandad was a Market porter in 1891 and 1901 which is fine but on both there appears to be a GL written in the box also. I hadn't noticed the GLs before as I normally tend to mentally filter out check marks and scratches and the like. They look like someone's just double checked the form and initialled it but it's on both 1891 and 1901 so maybe something more?

Can anyone shed any light?

Thomas Jones

Class: RG12; Piece: 218; Folio 112; Page 7; GSU roll: 6095328.

and

Class: RG13; Piece: 391; Folio: 6; Page: 3.
    Hail Spode!

I think that it has been reclassified as General Labourer.

Comment

A total guess but for statistical purposes could he be lumped into the General Labourer catagory?

Comment

Oh rats ... too slow :(
        ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Ah right. Market porter alone is good enough. At least he wasn't a stonemason which the majority of my family seem to be. I feel I'm quite in the minority being the only web designer in the family. I do have a strange desire to blow up sides of cliffs with sticks of dynamite though...
          Hail Spode!

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel Scand View Post
            Oh rats ... too slow :(

LOL Rachel!!! That's usually me!! PMSL!!:D :D

Comment

:p But Lyn ... you're a wizard ! :D

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel Scand View Post
                :p But Lyn ... you're a wizard ! :D
                LOL, but Rach, I have no idea why you would think that!!! Still, I guess that is better than being an old witch!!!

Comment

Working...
                X