1911 Counties Down, Antrim, Kerry and Dublin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 Counties Down, Antrim, Kerry and Dublin

Not sure if you are aware but the images are free. Think Co.Down is newly available.

National Archives
    ;) Helen x

YAY!!! Belfast is on!

Boo...... too many fitzpatricks and McCanns......:(

I'm going to have to get mum to hold nan to ransom as she's over there at the mo to see if there is a rough date of birth as you can't search by birth place........ unless Ive missed something.....

Comment

sadly I don't think you have missed anything Peppie:(
      Best of luck with the date.
      ;) Helen x

Comment

Ta Helen, would be so much better if I could search on a place of birth too.....*sigh*

*gets thumb screws out and courriers them to Cavan* :D

Comment

LOL!
          When you are done with them I would like a quick turn- so to speak - on my auntie who always remembers all the Irish info she was told as a child - only AFTER I tell her what it took me years or a fortune to find.

Be gentle with yer Granny!!
          ;) Helen x

Comment

Thank you thank you thank you thank you..........................

Found step dad's family.....

Comment

Thank you Helen

]

Comment

now Nans sister Kathleen was 8 years older than nan which puts her being born 1912.... so they might have been married.... Getting there slowly.....lol and there was uncles Jimmy and John who lived on the Falls rd... oh and a aunty Kate who married a Gorman who may have lived on Seaford st?? they had a Molly a Jimmy and a Sissy.. Great granny worked in the linen factories so she might live near them but she's not sure where they were....LOL...:D:D Bless!

Mums cousin ( Katheleens daughter) should be around at some point over Christmas so mum is going to try and butter her up and see what she has/knows...;) This is so funny! I know more about Grandas family and he's not about to ask! LOL I think they liked filling in forms!

Comment

Libby and Light - glad you both found it useful.

Peppie - so close - go on, forget what I said, just a little turn more won't hurt surely!
                  There is something really enigmatic about Irish rellies, always just out of reach, no matter how much you think you have them pinned down
                  ;) Helen x

Comment

I've found loads of relatives, but not grandad!!..aaaaahhhhh!

Comment

Happy Christmas everybody. Deep sighs! Still waiting for Co Cork, Co Offaly and Co Tipperary :(:( However good luck to all those with Kerry and Down Ancestors.

Janet

Comment

Whooopie!!!!!!!!!:D

Just found Great granny living off the Falls Road with Jimmy and Johnny, two sisters nan didn't mention and her dad....
                        Now theres no Kate but she could have been married or not in the house that night and there was no GGgranny... wonder where she was as dad is down as married and not widowed.... must have moved from Cavan to Belfast in the late 1800's looking at the birth places.....

Anyone know when the 1901 Belfast census is going to be online?

Comment

Hi Peppie,
                          well done, pleased to hear that. Don't know about 1901 for Belfast - sorry. There are a few transcribed parts on this link - and some other interesting Belfast bits

index2

have a look - you never know.
                          ;) Helen x

Comment

Thanks Helen - I had completely forgotten Kerry was going online on 23rd!

I've just found OH's great grandmother living with one of her sons and his family. It was interesting to see she was an Irish speaker.

I'll have to go back now and find out exactly what the house and building return page means as the two men listed with her on that page have her maiden name as their surname. Perhaps I shall finally be able to discover who her parents were.

Now I just have to wait patiently for my own lot in Westmeath!
                            Gillian
                            User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

anybody know when Cork may be on ?????

Comment

Originally posted by Peppie View Post
                                Anyone know when the 1901 Belfast census is going to be online?
                                Peppie, try this link Belfast Family History - Home Page they have parts of Belfast 1901 census on it.

Danny
                                http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=528974734

Comment

Ta Danny, there is very little there at the moment...... :(

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                                    anybody know when Cork may be on ?????
                                    Val, the 1911 for cork is on the Irish Family History Foundation website but it's only a transcription and 5euro to read it.

I was reading in Ancestors magazine last night it might be a while till the rest of Ireland is up.

You could try ordering the film through the LDS although they don't have the Corkk one in London, they might have it elsewhere? worth asking?

Comment

that sounds okay to me Peppie I only need two names to look up do you have the web address ???

Comment

Birth Death Marriage Genealogy Records Ireland - Irish Family History Foundation

Tell a lie val it's only Cork north at the moment...... but that's the web address

Comment

Working...
                                        X