Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

been giving my computer a spring clean...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• been giving my computer a spring clean...

hoping to make it work faster,i have deleted my temp files,defragged,got rid of some of my unwanted pics,now i want to just delete history how do i do it without deleting cookies which would mess my log in names.thankyou brenda xxx

Bren are you using XP or Vista?

Comment

xp brenda xxx

Comment

Okay. Go to My computer and open the C drive. Then double click on "Documents & Settings". Then on "Owner", then "Local Settings". You should then see the History Folder. Open this and then open each day and delete the entries.

Have fun.
        Blessings,
        Lyn

Comment

thankyou lyn,have a nice weekend brenda xxx

Comment

lyn,
            i did what you said got to doc and settings,but when i double clicked on that all i got was
            all users,brenda,window user, i clicked on all and didnt get owner brenda xxx

Comment

Yours has probably been designated "Brenda"...I didnae name my computer!! LOL!!

Comment

lyn hen i click brenda im getting a page with numbers and i dont understand what it is,i have click n the other 2 and still nothing to help me brenda xxx

Comment

Brenda, it sounds like some of your files & folders are hidden...but sorry, I have forgotten how to unhide them!! Must be getting old!! LOL!!

Comment

Okay found it!!

To display hidden files and folders
                    1. Open Folder Options in Control Panel.
                      • Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
                      • Double-click Folder Options.
                    2. On the View tab, under Hidden files and folders, click Show hidden files and folders.
                    I hope that finds it for you...otherwise, I am sorry, I haven't got a clue.
                    Last edited by Lyn A; 20-12-08, 11:57.

Comment

sorry i cant do it,so i will have to leave it i can get the one where you click and it deletes the cookies all at the same time and i dont want to log in all the windows i have because of different log in names.thankyou brenda xxx

Comment

tilly,i have just looked at the side of my screen and clicked sidebar,wow my history was there i have now cleaned it brenda xxx

Comment

I have now managed to get it back Bren - i dont know how i did it though.....Lol
                          Jacky

Comment

Working...
                          X