Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will be new on SP?

Hi,
    I have received a mail from Scotlands People about their new e magazine.
    Further down the page is the following - now I wonder what will be the 'other new datasets in the New Year' - fingers crossed for death OPRs.
    Anyone have any ideas what it will be? - herky

As always, look out for our annual new years' data release (1908 birth images, 1933 marriage images and 1958 death images), which will be available on ScotlandsPeople on Jan 1st. We will also be making announcements of other new datasets in the New Year.
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

I wish they'd just shift the years a bit (to 1950) for downloadable images on there rather than ordering them. But that would mean lot more scanning unfortunately and of course these people are probably still living so thats not going to happen.

Comment

They haven't even indexed the OPR deaths yet let alone scanned the images so can't see that being one of them.

The OPR marriages and baptisms were indexed on SP for a few years before they managed to get the images done.

Sadly there aren't that many OPR deaths anyway.
      With Experience comes Realisation

Comment

Yes - it's a pity as I could do with finding some of the older deaths. If I knew they died young then I could stop going around in circles trying to find out where on earth they went.
        I suppose the real next big thing will be the 1911 Scottish census - but that will be a wee while yet, I guess. Sadly I don't have any really close relatives in the English 1911 census so I will have to be patient.....
        herky
        herky
        Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Burials?
          Raiker/Trevot mariage before 1756ish??
          Great aunts marriage in the 1930's would do me ok! :D

How the Paris lot had the middle name Shairp would be fantastic! They wer all knocking around Linlithgow and Shairp apparently was a right hand man of Mary Queen of Scots so finding out the reason they have it as a middle name would be dynamite!

Comment

Could it be that stuff I posted a thread about the other day? I'll just see if I can find the thread...
            KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
            (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

http://www.familytreeforum.com/resea...documents.html
              KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
              (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

aahh - I remember that - yes could well be.
                (Off to visit the doc re memory loss!!!!)
                Thanks Kite, I think it is the pressure of Christmas.
                Perhaps it was wishful thinking that it would be something I really need to get a few brick walls sorted out.
                However I just have to say that I love SP - great site that I just couldn't cope without for all my Scottish relatives.

herky
                herky

Comment

Originally posted by BigShaz McCreadie View Post
                  They haven't even indexed the OPR deaths yet let alone scanned the images so can't see that being one of them.
                  I know it was just me dreaming

Comment

Working...
                  X