Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updates

I have switched off Auto and take a look at all updates first. Today I had one important one that said it was a New Vista SP1. I downloaded it and before installing it read the message that came with it. I already have a SP1 installed from earlier in the year. At first I thought that it must be connected to IE7 that has problem.
    It listed things that can go wrong after installation and that MS would have a Free Help Line by email or telephone until March 2009. 0870 60 10 100
    I decided not to install it as I spend enough time trying to sort out problems and it would be nice one day to get on and use my PC for the purpose that I purchased it. I only get about two hours a day if I am lucky on the PC.
    If I download another browser like FireFox 3 or Google Chrome would it be wiser to uninstall IE7 as surely it would still be a risk factor even is not in use.
    Last edited by Margaret N; 19-12-08, 16:27.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

I have XP and by clicking on Automatic Updates - More Options - click on Notify me but don't automatically download or install them.

Comment

You can't uninstall IE as it is part of Windows Operating System. Just don't use it, and then there is no risk.
      Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Wendy,

I do know that, I am not quiet sure what made me put the wording like that. It must be that I have just had four days in and out of bed with the 'bug'. No don't feel sorry for me, it is no where as bad as man flu ~ and my man is proving that to me.

I am going to download Firefox 3 as I sort of get the feeling that Google is taking me over so going to give G Chrome a miss for now anyway.
        Margaret N
        DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Working...
        X