Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Winner of WDWTYA? 18th December 2008 is......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Winner of WDWTYA? 18th December 2008 is......

mariescott64 !!!

Well done Marie

Congratulations Marie. They are wonderful people. Hope your brickwalls tumble.

Comment

Congratulations Marie hope you get loads sorted babe ;;;go for it
      borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Congratulations Marie
        Rosi

We are the famous CFC

Comment

congratulations marie well done enjoy brenda xxx

Comment

I've not been able to make contact with mariescott64, so I'm wondering if anyone else who put their name forward for December WDWTYA? would like to take up this week's draw?

It's first come first served!!!

If marie turns up later she won't miss out as we can just give her a different week, so don't feel your muscling in!!!

Comment

Oh me me pick me
              please
              I will put together a very difficult and mysterious brick wall
              Donelda

searching for the Berkshire Hobbises, Rowles, Staniford, Rogers, Parkers, Thackhams, Gouts, LeBouviers, Heaphys and Wilsons

Comment

If you pick me here is my brick wall

I’m looking for information about Edward Julius Le Bouvier born 12 Dec 1863 in Newport, Isle of Wight to Louis Edouard Le Bouvier and Elizabeth Charlotte Le Bouvier, formerly Levez..

OH’s mother was a fountain of information about her family. As a child she paid attention to all the family stories and handed them down to us. Her grandfather was Louis Charles Le Bouvier born 1860 Qtr 3 (from free bmd) in the Isle of Wight. OH Mother listened to all the stories told her by Louis Charles’ sisters Tante Marie and Aunt Clotilde. NEVER was there a mention of an Uncle. About 15 years ago her cousin asked questions about Louis Charles’ brother and she denied any knowledge and insisted that there was no second son in the family.

In 2000 we visited the Isle of Wight and found some records in a library. There was a record of Edward Julius Le Bouvier - the second son. Now either he was such a dastardly black sheep that no word was mentioned by his sisters, even after the death of the parents, or he died young. Other than his birth certificate we have found no record of him.

The family can be found in the 1881 and 1891 census but I cannot locate them in the 1871 census. (I’ve recorded them in the 1861 census but did not write down details or print out a copy and Findmypast is not responding today) We would also like to find the record of Tante Marie’s birth. Her age passes at a slow rate between censuses so not sure when she was born. I’m guessing about 1858

1881 census RG11 piece 1181 folio 12 page 18
                Louis E. (59) born in France and Charlotte (48) born in France with daughters Maria (23) and Clotilde (8). Son Louis Charles is at university in Switzerland so does not appear in the census.
                1891 census RG12/892 page 4. (Sorry when I printed off a copy of the page I was not aware of writing all the tracing details down) They live at Le Loiret, High Park, St. Johns
                Louis E. is 66, Elizabeth is 54, daughters Marie 28, born Jersey, and Clotilde 18

I have the birth certificates for Clotilde Leonie Isabelle born June 11, 1872 (family living St. John’s St Helens, Ryde) and Edward Julius born 12 Dec 1863 (family living on Hearn Street, Newport) both to Louis Edouard Le Bouvier and Elizabeth Charlotte Le Bouvier formerly Levez

I have the certificates of death.for Elizabeth Charlotte age 75 died 13 Sept 1908 and Louis Edouard age 84 died 29 Oct, 1905

So to summarize I’m looking for any information on Edward Julius LeBouvier born 1863.
                Donelda

searching for the Berkshire Hobbises, Rowles, Staniford, Rogers, Parkers, Thackhams, Gouts, LeBouviers, Heaphys and Wilsons

Comment

The birth's easy enough to find, but I can't see a death:

Births Mar 1864
                  LE BOUVIER Edward Julius Marzials Isle Of Wight 2b 546

Comment

Found them in 1871, mistranscribed as Lebouries.

Louis and Elizabeth are living at Tyne House, Ryde, with the following children:

Marie 13, born Jersey
                    Lewis 10, born Newport
                    Edward 7, born Newport

There's also a Katherine F Dose(?), 18; it says servant, crossed out and replaced with daughter. Her occupation is servant, so perhaps that's mistake.
                    Last edited by Mary from Italy; 23-12-08, 09:42.

Comment

I should think this relates to your Louis, as he's shown as a British citizen in the 1871 census:

Home Office: Denization and Naturalisation Papers and Correspondence HO 1/1...
                      Naturalisation Papers: Le Bouvier, Louis Edouard, from France. Certificate A.68 issued 5 October 1870. . Naturalisation Papers: Le Bouvier, Louis Edouard, from France. Certificate A.68 issued 5 October 1870. Naturalization Papers (registered) A. Nos. Date: 1870.
                      nationalarchives

Comment

In 1861 Louis and Elizabeth are living at West Street, Carisbrooke, with the following children:

Marie E, 4, born St. Helier, Jersey
                        Lewis C, 9 months, born Newport IoW

plus Marie Birch, a servant aged 81, born Metz, Moselle, France

To obtain certs from Jersey:

Research in the Channel Islands FAQs

Comment

By the way, you'll find Maria Elisabeth and Clotilde Lenie Le Bouvier on the 1911 census, living on the IoW, apparently in two different households.
                          Last edited by Mary from Italy; 23-12-08, 10:12.

Comment

Deaths Mar 1924
                            Le Bouvier Marie E 67 I.Wight 2b 1024

Comment

Thank you Mary from Italy. So Edward did exist. His brother Lewis was at university in Switzerland for the 1881 census. Edward would have been 17. I wonder if he went off to university in France or Switzerland. Oh well!! OH is quite pleased finding them in the various censuses.
                              Donelda

Comment

sorry guys
                                been tucked up in bed with the lovely flu virus for a week. such fun!!!!!
                                gotta try and sort christmas now
                                would it be ok to get back to this later or even put my name on january and let someone else have my turn.
                                after all i have been looking for so long that a few more weeks wont really hurt

thanks for picking me

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE:D
                                My avatar is my GGGF JJJW Hummerston
                                Researching HUMMERSTON in LONDON...DAVIES in MONMOUTH....SHIRLOW/SHERLOW and MILLAR in BELFAST....MILLAR and MCGRATH in ADELAIDE SA

Comment

You might just find yourself being the first winner in January!! Please could you enter your name for me on the Jan Participants thread, or I might forget you!!

Nelde is doing this week now.......

I do hope you are feeling better?

Comment

thanks will do
                                    My avatar is my GGGF JJJW Hummerston
                                    Researching HUMMERSTON in LONDON...DAVIES in MONMOUTH....SHIRLOW/SHERLOW and MILLAR in BELFAST....MILLAR and MCGRATH in ADELAIDE SA

Comment

Oh dear Mariescott64. I've caught your bug. The sneezles and chills are upon me. The kids arrive home tonight so will have to pretend I'm full of cheer. But the genealogy brain cells are asleep. I know there was another brickwall but can't remember it. So thank you everyone for your helpful info this last month. Have a merry Christmas. And I will enter the draw in February. Meanwhile if anyone can find out anything about the adult Edward Le Bouvier the OH would be very grateful.
                                      Donelda

Comment

Working...
                                      X