Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ifhf

Hi

has anyone downloaded from here before? I have a birth cert but now the have uploaded Wicklow they also have the baptism. Will this give me any more information than i already have?
    Last edited by Lensgirl; 18-12-08, 13:09.
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Baptismal Cert from Ireland will give you the sponsors for the baptism, usually, but not always, one godfather and one godmother only the Irish call them sponsors. Most often these are family so may help to find a missing ancestor but you may need to know your family well to interpret whether family or not. Usually also get father's name and mother's maiden name but having birth cert will have already given you that. You get the name of Church and parish so only you can decide if it is worth it. IFHS is expensive so.....

Janet

Comment

Thanks Janet. I did buy it and it has given me a lot more information. I have one sponsor as having the same surname as the father, so is some kind of relative although im not sure how (although it could even just be someone they know as friends because im sure that Hanley is probably a very popular surname). It also gives me the "proper" names of the parents and not the English version of it, which may help in locating their baptism somewhere
      Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

Working...
      X