Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2xGt Grandfather in 1841 census.

Name is Arthur Fell c1802. Only info I have is from 1851 Wales Census Ref
    Ho7; Piece 2497; Folio 136; Page 19 and subsequent censuses.
    Can't find him in English/Wales 1841 Census. At some point he marrys Ann from Liverpool and I would also like to find her maiden name. If I'm going to get any further with this side of my Tree, I'd appreciate your help and advice.

Re the 1841 census.....Their 10 year-old dau in 1851 was b Wrexham and I can't see that the Wrexham 1841 has survived :o

To find Ann's maiden name you should really purchase a birth cert for one of the children. Here's a couple:

Births Mar 1844
    FELL Arthur Newtown 27 1_5

-
    Births Jun 1848
    Fell William Newtown 27 1_7

The page numbers would need checking as they've not beed fully transcribed.

Comment

I'm wondering if this is Arthur's death?

Deaths Dec 1876
      Fell Arthur aged 74 Aberystwyth 11b 40

and Ann's:

Deaths Mar 1871
      Fell Ann 69 Newtown 11b 150
      Last edited by Merry Monty Montgomery; 17-12-08, 17:47.

Comment

I hope this isn'ttheir marriage!!!! (Jones )

ARTHUR FELL

Marriages:
        Spouse: ANN JONES
        Marriage: 18 JUN 1828 Neston, Cheshire, England
        Messages: Record submitted after 1991 by a member of the LDS Church.

Note it's a submitted entry.

Comment

I THINK that Arthur's birth is vol 27 p 145, but it might be wise to query this

That ref is right for Newtown AND brings list on freebmd up to 12 if you exclude a duplication.
          Last edited by Phoenix; 17-12-08, 18:00. Reason: checking ref on freebmd
          Phoenix - with charred feathers
          Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Irish Arthur Fell

Thanks for your response 'Merry Monty'
            I saw that IGI record ............and aked my self why a girl from Liverpool married an Irishman in Neston, Cheshire................it may well be correct.
            I have Arthur junior's marriage cert but forgot to order his birth cert.....it's an age thing!

Phoenix,
            Thanks for helping, I note Volume and Page refs but from where?

Comment

Phoenix,...............that birth reg is for the son Arthur.....a certificate I have to buy.

Comment

Who ever transcribed for freebmd wasn't sure of the page ref. You can look at the original page by clicking on the spectacles (in freebmd - I can't remember how it works in Ancestry)

If you enter volume and page number into freebmd, that brings up a list of entries. Arthur isn't there, of course, but if he had been, it would bring the total on the page to 12, which is the maximum number of entries you would expect to find. Does that make sense?

You can either order the certificate with that reference, or if you are doubtful, pay a bit extra for them to check the details for you.
                Phoenix - with charred feathers
                Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Phoenix, thanks.............I understand what you mean
                  Cheers

Comment

Working...
                  X