Legacy 7. How do I--------?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legacy 7. How do I--------?

One of my female ancestors had a daughter to an unknown father two years before she was married. (to a different man)
    In Legacy 7, how do I unlink the daughter from the husband without unlinking from the mother?
    Norman.

Sorry I am not a Legacy user so I don't know the exact answer. If it is anything like Family Tree Maker then you will have to remove the child from the current set of parents, create a second partner for the wife and presuming you don't know his name then he can be called "unknown", then link the child to its mother and unknown father.

Always advisable to back up your tree before you do anything like this ... just in case!

Not sure if the following might help:
    Legacy - Adding new partners and moving incorrectly assigned children - Family Tree Forum
    Elaine

Comment

Hi Norman

All you have to do is make a second partner called unknown to the mother and then click on children area and link to existing child. If she is married to the other man then I would advise you to keep the child under both fathers.
      Neil
      Neil passed away in April 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Neil View Post
        Hi Norman

All you have to do is make a second partner called unknown to the mother and then click on children area and link to existing child. If she is married to the other man then I would advise you to keep the child under both fathers.
        Neil
        I'm sure there's some way to show an adoptive father, as well as the 'natural father' in Legacy, although I've never tried to do it. One new feature of Legacy 7 that I particularly like is the ability to show half-siblings in the Family View - so, for example, my 2xg-gf's family appears thus (my 2xg-gm was widowed twice before marrying my ancestor):

See how children 4, 5 and 6 are displayed.

HTH -

Tim
        "If we're lucky, one day our names and dates will appear in our descendants' family trees."

Comment

You are right, Tim, there is a way to show adoptions. Right-click on the child, then select Children's settings. In the pop-up dialogue you can set the child's status (adopted, none, stillborn, twin). If you want the status to show on the family view go into options - customize, click on view tab; on the right-hand side under Show Status on Family View, select On Children. Then the status you selected for the child will display.

In the Children's settings, you can also set the relationship to father (adopted, biological, challenged, disproved, foster, guardian, sealing, step) and the relationship to mother (same choices).

The child status and the relationships would only print on reports if selected to print.

Lynda

Comment

Working...
          X