Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IGI records. (If I haven't got the right forum feel free to move it.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IGI records. (If I haven't got the right forum feel free to move it.)

I used to be able to print out results of IGI searches, adjusting the size of font to fit the age by using 'print preview'.

When I try to do this now, nothing comes out - it just prints the Family Search header and footer - unless I leave it with HUGE font!

I don't think I'm ding anything differently, but this huge font makes a mess of my folders - as if they weren't already messy enough!

How can I change it?

Bee.

(Back in a mo.)
    Bee~~~fuddled.

Searching for BANKS, MILLER, MOULTON from Lancs and Cheshire; COX from Staffordshire and Birmingham;
    COX, HALL, LAMBDEN, WYNN, from Hants and Berks; SYMES (my mystery g'father!) from anywhere near Bournemouth.

Not being technically minded I usually just highlight the bits that I want and pick "selection" in the print box.

Comment

There is a "Print" button at top right of page. Have you used that?
      Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

You haven't got the print size set to 30% or something have you? There's a dropdown box in print preview in IE7 and the same in firefox called scale.
        Hail Spode!

Comment

Oh, I'm so ashamed! Fancy posting a query, then forgetting to check back on the thread! :o Sorry - blame it on the season, and all the other preoccupations at this time of year!

Thanks for your replies.

Guy, I hadn't made any changes in my settings when I first noticed I couldn't resize the printing, so I wouldn't know if I've got 30% or not. But I'll have a go at checking that.

And I'll check Modem's and Wendy's suggestions too.

Bee.
          Bee~~~fuddled.

Searching for BANKS, MILLER, MOULTON from Lancs and Cheshire; COX from Staffordshire and Birmingham;
          COX, HALL, LAMBDEN, WYNN, from Hants and Berks; SYMES (my mystery g'father!) from anywhere near Bournemouth.

Comment

Well, I've tried all those suggestions, and nothing makes any difference. :(

Selecting and pressing 'Print selection' does get rid of the 'family search' logo, but the print or font size is still enormous.

Ditto with clicking the print icon in the top toolbar.

And the only 'scale' option in print preview which will print any of the details is the huge 175% which is what comes up when I go to 'print preview'. If I select any other scale, all I get is the headers and footers.

It's SO frustrating!

Any other things you can suggest?
            Bee.

Edit - I'll check back later - got to go out.
            Last edited by Bee; 18-12-08, 13:30.
            Bee~~~fuddled.

Comment

Given that you've got a 175% option, I'm assuming you're using firefox. In that case I think a mixture of all of the suggestions is needed.

I think the reason it's still big when doing modem's suggestion is the fact it's still set to 175% in print preview. So...

Generate the IGI results you want to print
              Go into File-Print Preview and make sure 'Shrink to fit' is selected
              Close Print Preview
              Right Click the results or the white to the right of them and choose Select All
              Go to File-Print
              Click 'Selection' as the Print Range
              And print

Fingers' crossed!
              Hail Spode!

Comment

I couldn't find a 'Select All' option, nor a 'Selection' in the Print Range, but I did all the rest.

It's printed header and footer only, again! ARRGGHHHH!

Bee.
                Bee~~~fuddled.

Comment

Have you tried the solution that Wendy (post #3) suggested? I tried in Camino (which is what I use a lot of the time for genealogy) and clicking on the Print link on the top right of the page with the list of Hits generates an image with the info, but not the banners. I was using print-preview to see what I'd get without actually printing.

I got eth same with Firefox.

Christine
                  Last edited by Christine in Herts; 18-12-08, 18:29.
                  Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I'm using Firefox with a Lexmark printer, to print anything from IGI I do the following

1) Go to print preview
                    2) Select eithr landscape or Portrait
                    3) Click "Print" then when the print box comes up select "Pages" 1 of 1
                    4) Occasionaly I can also click "As laid out on screen"

I've found out that this does the trick otherwise you end up printing HTML frames

L

Comment

Ok all else fails...

Go to the results page
                      Right click the results or the white to the right
                      Under 'This frame' choose 'save frame as'
                      Save it onto your desktop
                      Minimise the browser and view your desktop
                      Double click the customsearchresults.asp.htm file
                      This should appear in your browser as the results without the header and footer
                      Print as you normally would at 100% or Shrink to fit
                      Hail Spode!

Comment

Leclerc, that the way I always have done it, and it worked fine.
                        The problem is, it no longer works!

Guy, where will I see 'This Frame'? I've never noticed it anywhere.
                        Also, where will customsearchresults.asp.htm file be? (This does seem a complicated way to do something that USED to work quite easily, the way Leclerc describes.)

Bee.
                        Bee~~~fuddled.

Comment

I'm not sure where "This frame" would be, but if it works the same for you as on my computer, you could try right-clicking on the screen to the right of the results list and one of the options you get is "Print". On my computer, it comes up with a print box where you can select "As laid out on screen" or "Only the selected frame". I don't know what happens as I have never actually printed it!
                          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

This frame just appears in the right click context box on firefox for me. Are you using firefox?
                            Hail Spode!

Comment

What do you get offered if you click on the Print link in the IGI window?

Christine
                              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
                              X