Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody having trouble with Genes Reunited tonight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody having trouble with Genes Reunited tonight?

I keep getting "Server is too busy". Is it just me?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Hi KiteRunner - yes I have had server busy now and again today but even more annoying is that I can't get into Scotlands people. I can get to the 1st page but when I try to get to the page to sign in then all I get is " under construction".
    Sorry - going off topic here but most frustrating - unless new data is being added - in which case good news and I will be very happy.
    herky
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

That's interesting, Herky, because there have been problems with findmypast today as well, and they belong to the same company as Scotland's People. I wonder if the two sites are being joined together? That would be exciting!
      KiteRunner

Comment

On findmypast,sometimes when I click on a record, I get a page come up saying the certicate for this website has expired. Anyone else getting this.

Comment

I was on genesreunited earlier at around 9pm and it was fine. I've just gone back on and it's still fine. I'm just browsing my tree through.
          Hail Spode!

Comment

I just got told my server was too busy!

Not amused!!

Comment

Originally posted by SuffolkSue View Post
              On findmypast,sometimes when I click on a record, I get a page come up saying the certicate for this website has expired. Anyone else getting this.
              Yes, I've had that too. I never know what the point of that message is, though.
              KiteRunner

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
                Yes, I've had that too. I never know what the point of that message is, though.

Thanks for reply Kite.
                I just ignore it and carry on to the site to view said record. Like you say there doesn't seem to be any point in the message.

Comment

For secure websites, such as shopping, banks, etc., the Certificate has two functions.

1st is to prove the identity of the site and 2nd, more important one, is to store one half of the encryption keys used to encrypt data before it is sent, therefore making it secure.

Certificates are purchased for a certain number of years at a time, and must be renewed. This just adds more security. If it has expired it usually means they haven't got round to renewing it (bit lax!) but it doesn't make the site any less secure.
                  Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Has anyone else had problems signing out, everytime I click signout I get service "Unavailable" had this for the past two nights have to close down the web site and then to back to GR and then it allows me to sign out?
                    Rob

https://handmadebooksbyrob.wixsite.com/website/
                    https://www.facebook.com/handmadebooks.byrob.7
                    searching: Hunt, Parker, Beaumont, Horsfall, Redfearn, Barker Spratt and Sidwell

Comment

Wendy

The GRO had red faces recently when their certificate expired and people couldn't order certs on line!

OC

Comment

Hi all
                        I've been having trouble since the new system started in that when I click on a name on a tree, then click on "Ancestors" or "Descendants" to bring up the family lines, I get that ok, but where it shows on the left of the screen the arrows to move the family tree around & "print", when I click on print, the new screen appears on which you chose the bits of the tree you want to print, but it's too low to see the actual "print" box & won't move up. I've contacted them but got no reply & I know it's not your problem, but I wondered if anyone else had experienced this.

Hope everyone has a great Christmas & Peace, Love & Joy in the New Year

Expat
                        Expat in Oz
                        I wish I was not so confused:conf:

Comment

Working...
                        X