Ancestry Worldwide request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry Worldwide request

Could somebody do me a big favour? I've just seen on the German Casualties in the Franco-Prussian War, 1870-1871 a reference to my gg grandfather Christian Kuhles. I dont have a world sub so cant see the details.

Could you tell me what it says please? If it'll get you in trouble dont worry and I'll get a world sub one day.

Cheers
    Hail Spode!

You should be able to buy some pay-as-you-go premium credits if you only want to view a few records - usually if you click to try to view a record that you don't have access to, it will come up with a message telling you how to buy them.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Many libraries have a subscription to Ancestry Worldwide, so perhaps you could see the info in your local library.

scuda
      Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

Ah ok, thanks for the suggestions
        Hail Spode!

Comment

Its all in German.

Christian Kuhles
          Source Citation: Königliche Geheime Oberhofbuchdruckerei (Hrsg.). Deutsch-französischer Krieg, 1870-71, Verlust-Liste. Berlin, 1870-1871

Comment

Well I have a D in GCSE French so I'd like to think German would be like a second language to me
            Hail Spode!

Comment

Hi,
              I pasted Königliche Geheime Oberhofbuchdruckerei (Hrsg.). Deutsch-französischer Krieg into google and used the translation tool which gave the following:-

Royal Secret Oberhof book printing (eds). German-French War

Sounds interesting!
              Margaret

Comment

Verlust-Liste = Loss-list
                Margaret

Comment

Erm, that's the name of the original database in German that Ancestry got it from

Königliche Geheime Oberhofbuchdruckerei (Hrsg.). Deutsch-französischer Krieg, 1870-71, Verlust-Liste. = German Casualties in the Franco-Prussian War, 1870-1871 (according to Ancestry)
                  Hail Spode!

Comment

Working...
                  X