Speedy service from York Probate Office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedy service from York Probate Office

I ordered a copy of OH's great-grandfather's will on the 5th of December, quoting the references from the National Probate Calendar. Got back from shopping today and saw a thin letter had arrived from York. Thought I must have forgotten to sign the cheque and they had returned it - no, it's the will! Goodness, that was quick!
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Lucky you Kate.
    Did you find time to put the shopping away before you sat down to transcribe it!
    Elaine

Comment

Hope it is full of interesting bequests and leads to follow up! (My favourite wills are for maiden ladies, they often make a lot of small bequests & mention their nieces by their married names)

Comment

Like I said, it was only a thin letter, because the will was only 1 page long, but it did confirm a few things. Now, I wonder what happened to that gold watch chain that he left to his brother.....?
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

What excellent service! Especially at this time of year!

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I sent off for some a bit before that and they haven't come yet, fingers crossed they come before Christmas then

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

Working...
            X