Central London Places of Worship offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central London Places of Worship offer

I'll be in London just after Xmas, let me know if there are any churches etc you may want and I'll see what I can do.

Hiya Jill

would it be possible to get a few shots of St. Stephens, Paddington at all? if not its not a problem,

thanks for the kind offer
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Yes, I'll be able to manage that, & if its open I'll try for some interior shots too (but they are so often locked)

Comment

ohh that would be nice, thank you.

they lived at 38, pickering place, (but I havent a clue where that is/was)

Julie

Comment

Seems no longer to exist but its on this old map below the final N in St Stephens PaddingtoN

MAPCO Map And Plan Collection Online : Stanford's Map Of London Showing The Boundaries Of Parishes 1877.

Comment

Have been having a good nose at that map Jill, thanks it makes things alot clearer now.

I wonder if that part got blitzed in the war? alot of place names/rds seem to have survived though, from one map to present day, maybe a clearance order??
            Julie

Comment

We are going on Tuesday, I've just got my London pocket map out & see there's a Pickering Mews occupying part of where Pickering Place was, so will take a look there too.

Any more London requests anyone?

Comment

Hi Jill

I have some rellies marrying in St Giles in the fields, Bloomsbury. I don't know if that's anywhere near where you are going? I can't see it in the POW at all, maybe it doesn't exist anymore?

Thanks

Joanie

Comment

Hello Joan, it's hiding here,
                  Middlesex Towns and Parishes S - Family Tree Forum

It's one I'll have to try to get a better one of, (not sure if I can get there this trip) there was an awful lot of building work going on, it's one of those that's surrounded by other buildings. When I took that picture the bells were ringing.

Comment

Ooo that's great thanks Jill!!

No problem, please don't put yourself out getting anymore pictures on my account. At least it's still standing, lol!

:D

Joanie

Comment

Originally posted by Jill on the A272 View Post
                      We are going on Tuesday, I've just got my London pocket map out & see there's a Pickering Mews occupying part of where Pickering Place was, so will take a look there too.

Any more London requests anyone?
                      ohh Jill that'd be lovely many thanks, will wait and see what happens
                      Julie

Comment

Working...
                      X