Ancestry Worldwide Subscription

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry Worldwide Subscription

My Grandmother left England for Canada possibly 1911 arrived back in May 1916.

I have been searching for her using her formal name Harriet Gilbert, but I have just noticed a Hettie Gilbert (she was known as Hettie or Het) leaving for Canada in 1911 which is possibly her. Also there is a Hettie Gilbert on these two databases on Ancestry

Canadian Passenger Lists 1865 - 1935
    Canadian Immigrant Records Part One

Could anyone tell me if the Hettie Gilbert fits in with my Harriet Eveline Gilbert born 16th October 1891 Devonport, Devon Father Henry Mother Elizabeth (known as Alice). I don't know what these databases hold but any information would be great as I do not know very much about her time in Canada except she went to Quebec didn't like it returned and married my Grandfather Richard Ernest Warrey.

I would take out a small worldwide subscription if it appears it may be my Gran I have a subscription to the UK Collection.

Thank you for any help.

Regards
    Jill

The Canadian Passenger Lists one is much older than yours (age 39 in 1906) and her middle initial is F, and she is married. And the Canadian Immigration Records entry is taken from the 1901 census so that won't be yours either. Sorry about that!
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Name: H GILBERT
      Date of departure: 7 March 1913
      Port of departure: Liverpool
      Passenger destination port: Saint John NB, Canada

Date of Birth: 1891 (calculated from age)
      Marital status:
      Sex: Female

EMPRESS OF BRITAIN

Comment

Thank you Kiterunner I thought they couldn't be mine it has been a long haul trying to find information on her journey over there etc as my Dad didn't know very much about it. I was so pleased to find her on Ancestry on her return to England just a few weeks before she married that is the reason she returned I knew that much.

Thank you also Sue I thought that was Gran for a long time until I saw the Ancestry records and that lady returns before my Grandmother so probably not her. My Dad thought Gran was only over there for a couple of years but it is likely she is the lady in 1911 unfortunately there is no age but she is Hettie E Gilbert which fits.

I will keep searching.

Regards
        Jill

Comment

HI

Found this one

Hettie E Gilbert travelled 4th May 1911 from the port of Liverpool to Montreal, Quebec. The column relating to age which is ticked shows she was travelling on her own and was older than 12.

Hope this helps a little
          WendyP

Comment

Hi Wendy

I think that is my Gran as she was known as Hettie or Het but can't be absolutely sure shame they didn't put her age or year of birth on it.

Regards
            Jill

Comment

Working...
            X