X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More records added to Nonconformist BMD Registers site

From TNA site news:

11th December:

More than 600,000 records of births, baptisms, marriages and burials have been added to the searchable online service at BMD Registers: The Official Non-Parochial BMDs Service. These records were previously only viewable on microfilm as the RG 8 series.

Among the extensive collections you can find:

Maternity records from the British Lying-in Hospital, Holborn, 1749-1868
    Registers of burials in the Victoria Park Cemetery, Bunhill Fields Burial Ground, Bethnal Green Protestant Dissenters Burying Ground and many more
    The archive of the Russian Orthodox Church in London, 1721-1927: these records include births, marriages, deaths and conversions, as well as comprehensive general records on the day-to-day running of the church.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

That looks like a useful set of extra data!

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I find that site EATS credits though.
      ~ with love from Little Nell~
      Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Yes, it's very expensive. I think you can access them with a subscription to the Genealogist, though.

Comment

Thanks Kate.

Comment

I've just had another try at finding a bap. for OH's g-g-grandfather circa 1806. I found his younger brother yonks ago in the IGI (1813) but the bap. records for the RC chapel in Sunderland where they both married on the same day only start in 1809. There's not even a remote match for either of them in the NPRs database, which doesn't seem to have touched Durham yet.
            Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Great records, but the transcription is really really poor :(

Whilst I've been trawling for my Holborn rellies have come across some real howlers - no wonder I can't find mine!

Comment

There's now four pages of Ariels......all mine. Some are repeated though.

I written a letter to Santa asking for a sub to the Genealogist....lol

Comment

Working...
                X