Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American passenger list

Hi Everyone,
    Looking for a passenger by the name of Anne Mahony, married name, date of marriage, ship name, and date she left Perth, Western Australia to St Louis, Missouri, all unknown. Sorry!! Thankyou for your help.

Hello Issi

Welcome to the site! I think I've seen a previous thread of yours.

This particular problem looks a bit like a needle in a haystack. In order to find her, you'll need to trawl every passenger list site you can find. It would be good to have a DoB in mind - even if it's only approximate.

And have you trawled the Western Australia BMD site to see if you can find any BMD records there for her? Searching for "Anne" with none of the info to narrow her down (PoB, DoB, surname, husband's name) is probably a waste of time. I only use "probably" instead of "certainly" because things do turn up, astonishingly, sometimes.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Originally posted by Christine in Herts View Post
      Hello Issi

Welcome to the site! I think I've seen a previous thread of yours.

This particular problem looks a bit like a needle in a haystack. In order to find her, you'll need to trawl every passenger list site you can find. It would be good to have a DoB in mind - even if it's only approximate.

And have you trawled the Western Australia BMD site to see if you can find any BMD records there for her? Searching for "Anne" with none of the info to narrow her down (PoB, DoB, surname, husband's name) is probably a waste of time. I only use "probably" instead of "certainly" because things do turn up, astonishingly, sometimes.

Christine
      Hi Christine in Herts, Christine,
      Thank you for the welcome to FTF! Yes, I have too threads.
      Sadly, I don't know too many passenger list sites to check. So looks like a trip to the State Library to checkout the microfiche and or film reels.
      Annie was born 1898 in Woodend, Victoria, Australia.
      I've checked the W.A. BMD site. No Marriage or Death listed for her.
      POB -Vic., DOB - 1898., Surname - Mahony/Mahoney., Husband's name - I have know idea. Sorry!!
      I'll have another go and put in the least amount of info., about her and see what happens. Let you know too.
      You could be right, things do happen when you least expect it.

Comment

To Christine and Family,
        Merry Xmas and A Happy New Year.
        Wishing you and your family a Happy, Healthy, Wealthy and Successful 2009.
        Take care.
        Issi Bella xx

Comment

Thank you for your good wishes, Issi Bella.

I wish you and yours the same.

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
          X