Outlook Express Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook Express Help Please

I tried to send an email with attachments about 3 days ago, and it timed out (think I put too many attachments on), now every time I go on to outlook its keeps trying to send the said email, I can't delete it as the delete button is not high lighted, and if I go on to outlook it cashes and I have to press Alt/Ctrl/Delete and stop it though task manager.

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks
    www.chrisatstjohns.tribalpages.com
    http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/index.php/User:ChrissyConfused-91

Chrissy when you are in outlook look to your left and choose unsent messages you should be able to delete it

Comment

Not sure if this will work, but can you open Outlook Express, click on "File" and tick "Work Offline" to see if that stops it sending the message, then click on the Outbox folder and see if it will let you delete the email, then go back to File and untick Work Offline.
      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

or it may be in Drafts

Comment

Thanks Val and Kate, will try both of those suggestion, but the last time I went into outlook I couldn't click on anything, but will try again, I might be gone a while as it takes ages to close it down again, but I will come back and let you know what happens, I am going to log off for a while, so that I only have outlook open.

Wish me luck

Comment

I suppose the other possibilities, if that doesn't work, are:

1. Actually disconnect from the internet, then go into Outlook Express and hopefully it won't try to send the email and will let you delete it - then reconnect.

2. Find out where Outlook Express stores the outbox and get to it without opening Outlook Express and delete the contents. I wouldn't know how to do that, though!
            KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
            (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Kate, have managed to do it with your suggestion of going off line, which stopped it from trying to send, then OH (who popped back) found where the outlook outbox was stored and managed to delete it from there.

the moral of this story is don't attach to many files to one email:D

Thank you for your help, have to go now as taking youngest son to the doctors, which is a whole diffirent story

Comment

Working...
              X