Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont like the new GR

Can anybody understand it ???
    I used to be able to click on a name on my tree then go to maybe his father or mother to see where they were born now it wont work like that , or is it me ??
    Wish they'd leave things alone.

I don't like it either!!! for the same reason, it's not as easy to get direct to the person you want.

sunny rosy

Comment

so glad its not just me , it looks very pretty though LOL

Comment

I don't like it either. The way the details are now on the bottom of my (small) screen.

Comment

I think they must still be tweaking - well, I sincerely hope they are!

If you scroll right down to the bottom of the Home Page, you will see the same information repeated over and over again!

OC

Comment

I'm so mad as I got a contact ??? well I think he is but it was so hard to sort I gave up.

Comment

It doesn't really seem very different from the old site to me; all the changes just seem to be cosmetic and they haven't changed what goes on behind the screen as far as I can see, for instance it still doesn't display middle names when you're searching for names in trees, which I think would be really useful. I haven't really noticed any difference in navigating my tree yet, it seems the same as before.
              KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
              (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Someone on GR came up with a answer, as they were saying the tree now comes up in a browser instead of how it used to, try pressing F11 to get a full screen

Sylvia
                Sylvia

Derbyshire :- Gough, Tomlinson, Fletcher, Shipley, Spencer, Calladine, Rogers, Kerry, Robotham
                Leicestershire:- Gough, Cooper, Underwood, Hearn, Inglehearn
                Staffordshire:- Robotham, Hickinbotham, Hill, Holmes

Comment

try pressing F11 to get a full screen
                  I used to have to do that before...but maybe my 15" screen isn't big enough for them.

But I have just been in there for the first time in weeks!!! What a shock.....234 new messages!!!!

Seems everyone in my contacts list, is thanking me for sharing my tree and complaining that they can't open it!!!!

They never had access to it and I didny open it...not that it would be of any use to them...there is only me on there & I only show as Living!!!

Perhaps GR are trying to get me to reload it!! Fat hope!!

Comment

Working...
                  X