More Counties added to 1911 Census of Ireland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Counties added to 1911 Census of Ireland

Just been search the 1911 Census and I've noticed that not only Co. DUBLIN but now also:

Co ANTRIM
    Co. DOWN
    Co KERRY

National Archives: Census of Ireland 1911
    teresa

Is Belfast included? If so I'm cancelling a night out and spending it with my lap top looking for bans parents LOL.:D:D

Comment

Just had a look and it's still only showing Dublin for me :(

Comment

Just been reading something on Rootsweb - they must be testing it for the other counties at the moment because the homepage keeps changing.
        Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Peppie View Post
          Just had a look and it's still only showing Dublin for me :(
          Yep, for me too.
          Sarah

Comment

Well I definitely found some other Daniel Brady's in Co Down and Co Kerry whilst I was searching this morning. I never put a County in, they came up automatically.

One relative married a McAdorey/McDorey who's family were from Co Antrim...so I searched there...and there were loads of them...but nothing showing at the moment.

Obviously these other counties have been transcribed and they must have been doing some testing. I reckon they could be with us very sooooooon.
            teresa

Comment

I've just searched for the surname Newton and have come up with results for Co. Antrim.

It's a bit hit and miss, but there are a lot more hits now than previously.
              Elizabeth
              Research Interests:
              England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
              Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

I was looking through some search results for Antrim but then they disappeared leaving a few error messages and it went back to Dublin only.
                KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Just found this census page for Belfast
                  Belfast Family History - Home Page

( it was in one of the FH mags I was just reading in the bath) but it doesn't seem to be working at he mo ....:(

Comment

That one's also on the Antrim, Down and Belfast pages in the Wiki. But the link on the Belfast page doesn't mention the census, so will edit the description now.
                    Last edited by Cloggie; 12-12-08, 08:42.
                    Sarah

Comment

According to Ancestors Magazine January 2009, the FREE Irish 1911 Census has faltered, and those counties expected by December 08 are now pushed back to 2009, no date of expected delivery was given! Just later next year, but more counties will be available than was originally suggested. I think there are still snatches of counties you can find on line for various other census and the fee paying Irish Online records site at:

Online Irish ancestral Birth, Death and Marriage records for Ireland. Irish Genealogy research center - Irish Family History Foundation

may well have some of these census available. However the Irish Online census and all other records records are not free and neither are they complete.

Janet

Comment

Working...
                      X