Do you use AOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you use AOL

AOL closing Xdrive, AOL Photo & Bluestring: move your data!

What's the deal?

Last week, AOL announced to customers that it'd be terminating some of its popular online storage services to cut costs. On December 31, it'll pull the plug on photo upload/sharing services AOL Photo & Bluestring, and data backup service Xdrive. Thus, if you've files stored there, you'll need to move them sooner rather than later, or else they'll be gone forever.

***I have just read this notice in the Martin Lewis Newsletter (bbc money man).
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Nope, I legged it away from them a couple of months back, now have a connection that is twice as fast and £5 cheaper ;)
    https://squeakerslair.wordpress.com

Comment

Dropped AOL a few years back. Now have a better ISP which doesn't clog up the PC with unwanted rubbish!
      Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Hi
        I have been having problems with AOL for several months. Sometimes I can get online and sometimes I can't and then when it does connect me it cuts me off again promising to reconnect, which invariable it can't. It tells me to reinstall the software which I seem to be doing on a daily basis. I am so frustrated that I would like to change my ISP but don't know how to go about it or which one to choose. Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated.
        Moggie

Comment

It must be a month or so ago that i had the first service message advising the termination of the photosharing etc.

There were concerns when the dialbb connections were brought in, quite a few folks had connection problems but since i chnaged my pc it has only happened the once (worked out that the filter on the main phone socket had become faulty and simply changing the filter resolved the problem).
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
          My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
          My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Working...
          X