X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1891 Census Query

Could SKS please look at this entry for Charles G. T. Platt in 1891

RG12; Pce 1339; Folio 69; Page 9.

Is it just me, or has this family, been merged with the family in the neighbouring house?

It's odd because if they are two separate families, each seems to have a female called Fleann

And if Charles's surname isn't Platt, can anyone read what it might be, please? It looks as though he was born in Brazil

Thanks
    Last edited by Muggins in Sussex; 10-12-08, 11:05.
    Joan died in July 2020.

????????

At number 65 is the Platt family. All born London (various places) and no Charles, as far as I can see.

At number 67 is the Mather family. No head. Son Charles aged 7 b Brazil.

Comment

Thanks, Merry - I was getting in a terrible muddle because they are all transcribed as one family (the Platts) on Ancestry
      Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

Fleann
        Erm......Eleanor??

Comment

Thanks for that too

Why couldn't the mistranscption have been right? - I was hoping for Charles Platt LOL :D:D:D
          Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

Alias Clarence? !

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
              Alias Clarence? !
              LOL - Yes! :D
              Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

Dear All
                I am entirely new to this forum and found it by putting in Fleann Platt into google. I am the great grandson of John William Platt and Hannah Elizabeth Platt who in fact I knew as a small boy. the infromation is on 1891 census.
                The census is most odd as it states the older Fleann Platt as being the wife of John William Platt. i have tried other searches for Fleann Platt but so far not found anything eg a birth certificate for the younger Fleannwho was shown as 3.
                I knew my great Aunts well and can confirm those on the census are Eleanor (known as Nell), Grace, Lawrence, who I also knew, Maud, Sydney but not the others. Does any one know anything else about this confusing matter
                David Platt

Comment

Hi David,
                  Welcome to FTF. I've had a look at the image for the Platt family and I think the transcription is wrong and the names are Eleanor M age 3 and Elizabeth ? age 35 wife.
                  I guess this is your family with Hannah using her middle name.
                  Margaret

Comment

Hi David, welcome to Family Tree Forum.

Just in case Joan doesn't see the thread, I would suggest that you send a private message through the site. To do this, click on her user name on the left hand side of one of her posts and a drop down menu should appear - then click on private message.

Velma

Comment

Originally posted by Velma Dinkley View Post
                      Hi David, welcome to Family Tree Forum.

Just in case Joan doesn't see the thread, I would suggest that you send a private message through the site. To do this, click on her user name on the left hand side of one of her posts and a drop down menu should appear - then click on private message.

Velma
                      Velma, I don't think Joan found this was anything to do with her as the end result was that the Charles she was looking at was not a Platt - she was looking for Clarence Platt anyway!
                      Margaret

Comment

Oh well not to worry

Least we know that these threads are picked up through search engines and either weeks/months/years down the line there's an opportunity to further our research by making contact with (possible) living relatives

Comment

Yes, it's brilliant isn't it - I was so surprised to see the two posters concerned as they have not been on here for ages! It wasn't until I looked at the dates I realised that they had not returned.
                          Margaret

Comment

Sorry for delay I don't have much time to spare. Eleanour was 9 as she died a few months off her 100 birthday in 1990. So is correctly shown. Elixabeth Hannah died in about 1947 in her 90's so so I think that is correct. Why Fleann Platt is also shown as the wife of John William I don't know. Who the two fleanns are i don't know either.
                            David

Comment

Working...
                            X