1871 Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1871 Question.

I'm trying to find Ellen Ketley born 1854 Mashbury Essex, daughter of James and Eliza.

1861 She's at home...RG9, Piece 1081, Folio 12, Page 18.

1871 The family is transcribed as Kelley RG10 Piece 1664, Folio 7, Page 5.

Ellen is not with them.

I've searched all Ellen (anything) born 1854 give or take 5 years born in Mashbury. Nothing!!

So I searched with no name for those years and birthplace and came up with.. Ann Kelley.

RG10, Piece 1704, Folio 32, Page 17.

The writing is a bit dodgy and it could easily be Ketley, but is definitely Ann.

I think it's her, but would welcome others ideas.

She is married by 1881 and have found her on all the other census.

Thanks.

Hi Libby~~~~~
    I think that it is Ketley...if you look at all the other "t"s, none of them are crossed....see Augusta, Kitchenhand, Butler, Footman...all of them look like that solid downstroke of what would be the second "l" if it was kelley.

Comment

Hi Lyn.....I thought it looked like Ketley as well, but it's definitely Ann and not Ellen. Maybe it was written incorrectly.

Comment

There is an Ellen Kettley age 19 birthplace "NK, Essex", domestic servant living at Althorne, Essex:

RG10; Piece: 1671; Folio: 64; Page: 10
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

I think Kite has found her!!
          Well done!!

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
            There is an Ellen Kettley age 19 birthplace "NK, Essex", domestic servant living at Althorne, Essex:

RG10; Piece: 1671; Folio: 64; Page: 10

Sounds OK.....but there are a few Ellen Ketley/Kettleys all born Essex.

I can't find any Ann (anyone) born 1850-1856 in Mashbury so maybe it is the Ann one.....

Comment

Libby, FreeBMD only shows one born in Essex for 1850 to 1855 inclusive.....Ellen Elizabeth Ketley b. Dec Qtr 1853, Chelmsford 4a/115

Comment

Working...
              X