Ancestry renewal - offered me 20% off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry renewal - offered me 20% off

I know this has been discussed a lot recently. I didn't renew when my membership ran out in October as it was too expensive.

Tonight, I've received an email from them asking me why, and offering to let me renew for 20% off.

I've just looked at 'My account' on Ancestry (UK) and it has the price for the Annual Essential Membership as £76.60, but when I clicked on it to see what was included, it quoted £83.40, which I believe is the correct price.
    20% off the £83.40 should cost me approx £67, while 20% off the £76.60 should work out at a little over £61.
    The 2 different prices might be because I have a current pay-per-view sub running.

Still undecided.

Completed there survey, though. Might win some wine.
    Last edited by Helen Smith Too; 09-12-08, 20:21.
    Helen

http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...enSmithToo-296

maybe that price they quoted is without vat

Comment

I automatically renewed my yearly UK sub with ancestry as I was very happy with their package, but having been back on, I find that some of the sites I used to be able to access I now can't. Why didn't they tell me they were going to stop access to some of them when renewal time came up? I'm not a 'happy chappie'.

Comment

Do you mean some of the databases, Val? Maybe your sub has been renewed as an "Essentials" one and you need to upgrade to the Premium one?
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Paid full price.

*sulks*

OC

Comment

Working...
          X