Comparing 2 files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparing 2 files

I have unfortunately done my research and logging of data on more than one PC and now I need a way to compare 2 very large files for missing info. I am currently using FTM and I can open 2 files at once but there are too many individuals and branches to compare. Does anyone know of a program that will compare 2 files for differences and then show the report?
    Thanks,
    Deb

I believe that Family Historian allows you to compare two GEDCOM files side by side so that you can see how they differ.

I'm not a FH user so not 100% sure on how this works - might be worth downloading a free trial to see if it is possible.
    Family Historian: Genealogy software
    Elaine

Comment

Yes - I think you could do this. If you download the free trial it is the FULL working program. The safeguard (for the sellers!) is that you cannot save anything. You could work through it, noting down the differences somewhere else.

I do think you might find it a bit complicated to do if you have never used the program, however there will be nothing harmed because you can't save the results anyway . If you get stuck just shout and one of us FH users might be able to help you.

There are lots of hints, tips and detailed instructions on the Family Historian User Group forum. Family Historian User Group - Home Page

Anne

Comment

Hi Deb
        You can compare two files with Legacy, which is free to download.
        I use Legacy and it is a great program. Legacy Family Tree Genealogy Software
        Take care.
        Neil
        Neil passed away in April 2019

Comment

Working...
        X