Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry reminder email

Got email today

Premium membership contains all the information in the Essentials package, but will also include new and existing Parish and Probate records and new record releases. This package will also include immigration records and
    Irish records for just £2 per month extra.
    Annual Essentials Membership
    Total Cost: £83.40
    Does anybody know which Irish records they mean ???
    Is this the standard price now or has anyone haggled over it ??
    Also is the Australian one the same info as I've seen people going for that instead????

Why not do the free trial on the au site and then you could see the difference.
    As far as I can tell the au is the same as the old UK site, before they split it, plus a bit if oz stuff.
    I do not know what the Irish records are.
    If it's to be, it's up to me.
    Searching for:
    English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Comment

I really would love to find a couple of people on the Irish records but not sure whether they will be the records I want.
      Might do that thanks

Comment

Val, if you want to see what sort of Irish records might be available then go to the Ancestry Database Card Catalogue and type "Irish" or "Ireland" in the keyword box.

Genealogy Databases - Ancestry.co.uk
        Elaine

Comment

The Irish records aren't available with the Australian sub.

Last time I looked at them there was nothing very useful, apart from the index of police constables.

Comment

oh well maybe I 'll stick with the Aussie one then thanks everybody

Comment

I just cancelled my sub tonight, a long winded process designed to bore you into submission (and therefore stay a member) long before you finally leave.
              At one point i was offered a "special" discounted rate of just £11.95 per month, sounds a real snip
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
              My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
              My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

thats a lot Glen what package was that for ????

Comment

Presumably the lesser of the two packages (it was quoted as having less records).

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Originally posted by Glen in Tinsel Knickers View Post
                    I just cancelled my sub tonight, a long winded process designed to bore you into submission (and therefore stay a member) long before you finally leave.
                    At one point i was offered a "special" discounted rate of just £11.95 per month, sounds a real snip
                    My sub ended on Sunday and I cancelled the renewal. It asks you why and I put "too expensive" in the hope that they might offer me a discount (flying pigs and all that!!) and I'll give it a while before I decide what to do next.

It does seem strange not having access though so I don't know how long I'll be able to hold out.

Jackie
                    Jackie

Comment

I had done the bulk of my research last April when my renewal came up and it was so very expensive to renew I just cannot afford it.
                      I have not missed until now when a friend asked me to help her with a family history problem.
                      I think that Ancestry are trying to take advantage of their customers rather than look after 'loyal ones'. We are the back bone of their business and without us their efforts would be wasted. I know the on going costs must be enormous but £60.00 would be fair if 'push comes to shove'.
                      Last edited by Margaret N; 09-12-08, 21:57.
                      Margaret N
                      DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Hi All

Does anyone know what an overseas member would now pay taking into account that they would not be liable for VAT. My charge last year was £59.04 but I have received my renewal advice which says it is now £83.40

Also, will this package include parish records which are currently available to me as the Ancestry email states that parish and probate records will only be available on the Premium package.

Finally, I only have a couple of relatives in the U.S. and have looked up information previously, but recently when I tried to access some information, it would appear to be not available any more - when did change happen?

Any advice greatfully appreciated.

Many Thanks

Terry

Comment

I sriously doubt that i have really used the site enough to justify the sub this year anyway, i renewed on Boxing Day last year and i know there were several weeks that i didn't even visit the site, there are some census images i still need to track down and the odd post 1950 bmd record but apart from that freebmd and freereg are more useful to me nowadays.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Working...
                          X