Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irritating full screen adverts

Hi
    Is there any way to block these annoying adverts that pop up every few minutes and cover the whole screen? They all have the EI logo on so I thought if I changed to Mozilla firefox they would stop but they still keep coming. Any suggestions much appreciated.
    Moggie

Have you added the Adblock Plus add-on? This will stop all adverts.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Hi Wendy
      I am sure that I installed Adblock Plus when I changed to Mozilla but I've just installed it again so will see if it has the desired effect.
      Many thanks for your help.
      Moggie

Comment

Have just logged on and the problem is still there 3 full screen ads in the last couple of minutes. Help!!!!!
        Moggie

Comment

What is the EI logo, please? I tried Googling it but didn't get anything that looked likely?
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Sorry, a senior moment.
            I meant I E logo for Internet Explorer.
            Moggie

Comment

Go to Tools / Options / Content and check whether the box for "block pop up windows" is ticked.
              Elaine

Comment

It could be malware on your computer, then, or are the adverts only appearing on one particular site? If it is malware then we will need an expert to tell you how to get rid of it!
                KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Working...
                X