Latex Gloves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latex Gloves

Would they help in cutting out static electricity?

They would prevent you getting a shock from static when touching a charged surface.
    Unfortunately though they would also help to generate static in the same way as a balloon rubbed vigorously generates static.
    Cheers
    Guy
    Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

Being one of those people who suffer a lot from static shocks, and having worked in care services in a previous life.. I can vouch they do not help if anything they make it worse.

Cotton might work.

Comment

Thanks all, I am thinking of adding some more memory and was wondering how to ground myself from static electricity?

Comment

when we added our own memory PC world sold us some special gloves to use as its quite dangerous.

Comment

That is easily solved.
            Disconnect the computer from the mains. Open the case and before touching any components earth yourself by touching a radiator or metal pipe.
            If it is not possible to earth yourself them you can still safely install the new memory but more care is needed.
            Locate the memory slot and holding the memory by the edge of the card insert the memory card into the slot.
            Never touch the back raised chips (even if earthed).
            Use firm pressure but never force the card into the slot as this could crack the motherboard.
            Cheers
            Guy
            Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

Working...
            X