The Times obituary 1988

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Times obituary 1988

I've found a death in 1988 which Ancestry says is recorded in The Times. There's no reference in the BMD index and I can't find it in the overseas deaths in FamilyRelatives. The Times Archive only goes up to 1985.

Does some kind soul have access to The Times of this vintage who could do a lookup for me. I can pm the name, which is quite uncommon.
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Just bumping up. The "current" online Times doesn't include obituaries (thanks Elaine for looking) and googling the name doesn't bring up any hits. Any ideas on other papers that might have 1988 obits. on line?

Comment

I have access to The Guardian and The Observer up to 2003 if you would like me to have a look.

Jackie
      Jackie

Comment

Thanks Jackie. PM on its way. And to Kite who's also offered.

Not found in ScotlandsPeople either.
        Last edited by Uncle John; 03-12-08, 13:33.

Comment

I think it must be a normal death notice (i.e. insertion paid for by relatives) rather than an (editorial content-type) obituary, because I can't find it, and I'm sure I've looked at obituaries in the 1980's bit before.
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

That's a pity. Roll on an extension to The Times Archive.

Jackie found an article referring to a kerfuffle he was involved in following the Suez Crisis in 1956 and another a few years later about his resignation from the board of one of the big London property companies. So there is likely to be an obituary hiding somewhere.

Comment

Working...
            X