Anybody with Aussie Ancestry ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody with Aussie Ancestry ?

wonder if you do do me a favour look on the 1930s electoral roll for a Jack Elmy thanks a lot

He's only showing in Queensland in 1936. Do you know when he went to Aus, and which state he lived in?

In 1936 he's a labourer, living at Moola. No-one else of the same surname (aged over 21) at that address.

Comment

ELMY JACK : Service Number - QX13721 : Date of birth - 04 Nov 1912 : Place of birth - LEEDS ENGLAND : Place of enlistment - BRISBANE QLD : Next of Kin - ELMY EVELYN

ELMY JACK : Service Number - QX27826 : Date of birth - 04 Nov 1912 : Place of birth - LEEDS ENGLAND : Place of enlistment - BRISBANE QLD : Next of Kin - ELMY LORNA

RecordSearch - National Archives of Australia

Comment

WW2 service:

WW2 Nominal Roll

Comment

wow thanks Mary all that info great not sure when he went this is for another member on here I posted for him , I'm sure he will be on to thank you

Comment

thanks very much Mary he is delighted you have found out so much info for him

Comment

No problem, he's very welcome, whoever he is Is he too shy to post on here?

Comment

well I didnt think he was but he obvously is .
                Hes very grateful though believe me thanks Mary.

Comment

Ooooo, I didnt realise you could access the eroll on Oz ancestry

I might be cheeky and put a request up tomorrow....What sort of info would I need to give??
                  Rosi

We are the famous CFC

Comment

We need the full name, and preferably which State the person lived in. The approximate age would help, because only people over 21 appear on the electoral roll. Name of the spouse would also be useful.

If you have the UK Ancestry sub you can access it yourself:

Australian Electoral Rolls, 1901-1936 - Ancestry.co.uk

you won't get the image, which gives the address and occupation, or the date and place, but you will be able to see if the name comes up. You can then post it here, and we'll give you the full details.

To find out which States and years are available, click where it says "For more information about this database, click here."

Comment

Rosi do you ever go to bed ??

Comment

Working...
                      X