falconbridge family - bristol 1760s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• falconbridge family - bristol 1760s

Would anyone know of the Falconbridge family which was in Bristol in the mid 1760s?

A small family, names could include William, Alexander, Samuel, perhaps a John Kennedy, or James.

Some went to Antrim Ireland at some period, and from there to Canada and Australia.

Any help gratefully received
    Valerie

Valerie.......what exactly is it you are after?

There's a few books on Google Books about them. A couple you can see the entire book.

Comment

falconbridge family

Hi, thanks for your reply.

My 10 year search has been for the birth dates and places of:

1. My grandfather Alexander Falconbridge, around 1830 possibly Donegal or Antrim (his marriage certificate states Donegal but his siblings were born in Coleraine).

2. My gr gr gr uncle Alexander Falconbridge, slave ship surgeon/abolitionist. Originally birth place thought to be Bristol, now seems like could have been Prestonpans Midlothian, Antrim, or even Staffordshire or Shropshire!

The name Alexander seems to be mostly a Scottish name. (Samuel and Jean Boyd Prestonpans had a son William born around 1755 in Prestonpans. They then went to Shropshire and eventually Samuel died in Bristol. No mention of a son Alexander in his will though).
      Any help most welcome. Valerie

Comment

falconbride family

Hello again, I forgot to ask about your comment re google books? If you refer to the narratives by Alexander and Anna Maria re the slave trade, I have these books. If you are referring to something else you have found could you please let me know? Valerie

Comment

The only FALCONBRIDGE family I could find indexed for Donegal appears with a marriage of an Alexander FALCONBRIDGE in 1867,

(FamilySearch Record Search)

with what is possibly the births of his children in the subsequent years -Alexander, 1868, William John, 1869, Mary, 1871, Caroline, 1873, Catherine, 1875, Angelo, 1877, Joseph Barry, 1879.

There is a marriage in Co.Derry in 1866 for a John Kennedy FALCONBRIDGE, and in Co.Cork in 1874 for a Thomas FALCONBRIDGE

Did your Alexander marry in the Presbyterian Church? I have a family resident in Donegal who look as though they may have been Plantation Scots - maintained their Scottish names, married and baptised their children in the Presbyterian church although they had spent generations in Ireland.

Beverley

Comment

Working...
          X