My Local Library.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Local Library.

Popped in my local library in Redruth today to grab a book,and came out with three which may help with my family research.

A little book on Portreath by Michael Tangye,another one on Illogan which has quite a bit of info on the old local churches and parishes,and even has a few pic's which may be my ancester's,the last one is a pictorial history of Redruth.

Going to have a good read later on tonight,if anybody's interested in the area let me know,from just having a quick flick through they should yield a few bits and bobs.
    "As if by magic the shop keeper appeared"

Any Trezona, Trestrail, or Thomas info please give me a heads up Alan. Illogan and Redruth. Thankyou.

Comment

The Illogan book was done by Janet Thomas.

I also found a pic in the Redruth book,it's of "Mr.Thomas and his milkcart",he apparently lived at Polgear farm,Wendron and had one of the earliest milk delivery rounds.

Comment

Thomas at Redruth

When you said about Thomas',i have an Elizabeth Thomas who married my mother's grandfather William George at St.Uny Redruth on 29 Sept 1827,any relation?

Comment

Hi Alan can't get back that far with the Thomas line so the answer is I don't know. I am totally stuck with them because I cannot find a marriage of a Thomas to a Thomas.

Comment

What was the Thomas marriage problem???

Comment

According to my Gt Grandfathers birth cert in 1871. He is John Thomas.

Father Samuel, mother Elizabeth Jane formerly Thomas. This marriage is the one I cannot find.

Comment

Was it the Redruth/Camborne area?I can have a look in the local papers or microfiche down the studies library if you want.

Comment

Was he born in May of that year there's a John born in that year on the St.Euny website his wife was Elizabeth Ann,both of Plain-an Gwarry.

Comment

I would be grateful Alan but only if you have time, one of these days I hope to get the chance to do a bit more myself.

I know that Samuel died in 1876 in an accident at East Pool mine. I have the death cert and he is stated as being 30 years old. The newspaper report of the accident refers to the widow, and that William Henry his son was present and witnessed the accident. Along with another man called John Thomas (no relation.) At the time of his death they were in Miners Row Redruth.

I have hunted high and low and the Registrar at Camborne hunted for me and could not find any of the births for the children. No sign of a marriage either. In the census going back there are several possible samuels and elizabeths of the right ages so without the marriage cert to discover fathers I am stuck.

One of those possibles are brother and sister....

1871 Census details.
                    Clinton Terrace Redruth Cornwall
                    Samuel Thomas HD 26? Miner Redruth
                    Elizabeth J wife 28 Redruth
                    William Henry Son 11 Scholar redruth
                    Eda Daugh 9 Scholar Redruth ? Edith
                    Samuel son 2
                    Elizabeth J daugh 7 months

Thankyou for the generous offer.

Comment

Working...
                    X