Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G R Problems?

Hi
    Can anybody access G R today? I have tried 4 times to send a reply to someone who has contacted me. It takes me through to his message and then freezes. I have had no problems with any other sites.
    Moggie

I've just finished going through my Hot Matches with no problems, Moggie, but none of them were matches that needed me to send a message so I don't know - I could try sending you a message on there and see if it gets through? How would I find you? (Pm me on here if you don't want to post up the answer!)
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Hi Moggie

It kept freezing for me earlier on, in fact froze my whole PC once, but seems to be OK now. Others seem to be having the same problem.

Jane

Comment

Mine's fine
        I've just replied to a message and looked at someone's tree ...
        ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Hi Kite
          I have sent you a P M
          Thanks Moggie

Hi Jane
          My computer also froze 4 times and I had to switch it off and then back on again. So annoying isn't it.
          Moggie

Comment

G R? general research?
            Research Interests - Baldock, Letchworth and surrounding villages in Herts
            (Castle, Clark(e), Abbiss, Ellis, James, Scoot)
            Heathfield, Horsham Sussex (Thompson, Loveday )

Comment

Originally posted by perthpom View Post
              G R? general research?
              Genes Reunited.
              Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

One of my contacts on there sent me a PM and I have replied to it without any problems. Not sure if that means it's fixed or if it only affects some people?
                KiteRunner

Comment

Hi
                  I was able to get on there this afternoon and send my message and then I remembered that I had missed out some info. I went back just now and the same thing happened again, the page froze and I had to turn the computer off and restart it.
                  Moggie

Comment

It might be worth contacting GR's support people to tell them about the problem, Moggie. Or have you already tried that?
                    KiteRunner

Comment

Oh, I've got a similar problem with GR now! It's not on sending a message but just when I try to load certain pages, it seems to just stop.
                      KiteRunner

Comment

... and after that it completely messed up my computer! I think I'll stay off there for now, having managed to get back up and running.
                        KiteRunner

Comment

Had problems with GR this morning at 9am. Just logged on at 01.15am and it froze again. Had to turn off computer and reboot! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
                          Those who were seen dancing, were thought to be insane, by those who could not hear the music.

Comment

9.15am Sunday. Logged into GR again ... ha ha ha ........ computer completely froze again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Think I'll let my new hot matches wait a day or two.
                            Those who were seen dancing, were thought to be insane, by those who could not hear the music.

Comment

Try their South African site. I have been using this since February, had no problems. No adverts either.

Genesreunited.co.za/

Sorry...can't c&p.

Comment

GR problems

Hi
                                I'm glad its not just me having problems then, it was the same yesterday as well on mt tree matches but I cant go on anything this morning.
                                Jenny

Comment

This is the South Africa site link:

http://www.genesreunited.co.za/home/

It seems to be o.k. but obviously I can't guarantee that it won't freeze up your computer!
                                  KiteRunner

Comment

Are those of you with problems using Internet Explorer? If you use Firefox with the adblocker, or Opera, you don't get any ads, and the site's been working normally for me.

Comment

I went in as far as the home page just to check for messages, and exited with no problems.
                                      Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

I don't think I would be able to use Firefox or Opera on this computer anyway, but since I switched to the South Africa version of the site I haven't had any freezing-type problems.
                                        KiteRunner

Comment

Working...
                                        X