Anyone planning a trip to Matlock RO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone planning a trip to Matlock RO?

If so, would you mind doing a look up for me please? I am looking at a marriage that I 've found on Familysearch, which is a submitted entry. It is the marriage of a William Lassells to Sarah Clark 26/2/1831 at St Alkmund church in Derby. I think this may be the 2nd marriage of my gggg grandfather William Layzell & would be interested in who his father was & the names of the witnesses.
    Many thanks in advance.
    Lynn

Lynn, you know it won't be likely to tell you who his father was, don't you?

I think someone on here was planning a trip there, wonder if I can find the thread?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Oh bother, found the thread but it looks as though they would have had their trip already.
      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Oh crikey, of course it is pre 1837, so of course it won't show his father, Doh! But I am still interested in the other information though if anyone can help, hopefully it will show him as a widower
        Lynn

Comment

What a shame Lynn, I went last week. If I can think of anything that might be at Matlock to help my search for Lignavitre though I shall be going back
          Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Just my luck Chrissie! :D
            Lynn

Comment

They have some parish registers on microfilm at the local studies library in Derby. I'm almost certain St Alkmunds is one of them.

If no one is going there either, perhaps you could ring or email them and ask for a look up?

I'm sure they wouldn't charge much for that.
              Last edited by Margaret in Burton; 28-11-08, 16:49.

Comment

Check first though as Matlock charge either £12 or £12.50 (can't remember which) for the first half hour or part of .
                Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
                  Check first though as Matlock charge either £12 or £12.50 (can't remember which) for the first half hour or part of .
                  Derby local studies are much more reasonable I think.

Comment

Thanks Margaret, I might well try that
                    Lynn

Comment

Lynn I will be going at some time in the future as I go fairly often. I've no date fixed as yet but I can take the details and will have a look when I next go if thats ok with you.
                      Kathleen

Comment

Thanks Kath, that would be great. There is no hurry at all
                        Lynn

Comment

You're welcome Lynn, I've made a note of the details for next time
                          Kathleen

Comment

Working...
                          X