Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Winner of WDWTYA? 27th November 2008 is......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Winner of WDWTYA? 27th November 2008 is......

benny1982

Well done Ben!!

well done benny enjoy your week have lots of paper and ink,i hope your week is as good as mine has been,brenda xxx

Comment

There would be no copyright problem with that, Ben.

Also you should be o.k. to post up parts of the documents on the board anyway.
      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Do you have that 1841 census entry to hand, please, Ben? To save the bother of looking them up?
        KiteRunner

Comment

Now I seem to remember there were two possible Sarah Bradford deaths in Marylebone between the 1841 census and the 1851 census - one Dec 1847 and one Mar 1851. I think you had details of the death cert for one of them and it wasn't clear whether she was the right Sarah or not - have you got the other one yet to see what it says?
          KiteRunner

Comment

Originally posted by benny1982
            How can I upload personal My Documents images straight to the actual reply rather than as a attachment in a new window?

If I try to upload a few document images at once it says I have exceeded the KB or MB allowed.
            You might be best to upload them to a site such as Photobucket and then post the URL's up.
            KiteRunner

Comment

I think I said this on your other thread but if Sarah was 45-49 in 1841 then she was born about 1792 - 1796 so she would be a bit young to be a widow in 1810. Though of course it is possible. Or she may have knocked a few years off her age for the census, of course.
              KiteRunner

Comment

I cannot find any subsequent childrens births for them in Devon.
                Have you looked at the full PR for Axminster? I was wondering about burial records.

Comment

Sorry Ben, those images are too small for me to be able to compare the signatures. It would work better if you uploaded them to photobucket (or similar) as then you won't be so restricted by the file size.

Comment

The Sarah Davey signature looks very different from the Sarah Bradford ones, but as you say, there was a long time gap between them.
                    KiteRunner

Comment

I think I mentioned this before, but the 1841 census doesn't state relationships within the household, so we can't be sure that William is Sarah's son just from that census entry, but since he has been given her surname on there, and because of her being informant and witness on those certificates, I would say it must be the same Sarah.
                      KiteRunner

Comment

Ben, I've forgotten how we know when George Coombs was born? (sorry!)

Comment

Not an idea, but I can't help thinking that if William was a coachman he could have died amost anywhere......

Comment

You mean George, don't you, Merry?
                            KiteRunner

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
                              You mean George, don't you, Merry?
                              Probably! lol

Comment

You probably won't be able to find the actual marriage licence - it would be the bond or allegation that you need to look for.
                                KiteRunner

Comment

Is the only reason you think they were from Axminster the fact that this is the only marriage you have found on the IGI and there are no obvious baps in Axminster for children of this couple if they are not your George and Sarah?

I did notice that the IGI baps for Axminster ended in 1812 (for the C of E church), so have you looked at baps after this date via a different source?

Comment

I think Sarah was born "out of county" on the 1841 census and that the surname Coombs suggested they might be from Devon, Merry.
                                    KiteRunner

Comment

Ben, have you ever tried searching through the "Index to Death Duties Register" on Findmypast to see if there is an entry for George? If there is one then it would lead you to a will or admon for him. (Though of course there might not be any entry.)
                                      KiteRunner

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
                                        I think Sarah was born "out of county" on the 1841 census and that the surname Coombs suggested they might be from Devon, Merry.

Yes, but coverage of Devon on the IGi is pretty sporadic, isn't it? Dorset is certainly very poor.

Comment

Working...
                                        X