Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

St. Nicholas (with St. Leonard) Bristol - parish records?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Nicholas (with St. Leonard) Bristol - parish records?

I'm trying to find where the parish records for St. Nicholas (with St. Leonard) Bristol would be held.

I've looked at Bristol Records Office website but I can't see anywhere it actually tells you what it has - it just says it has the diocese of Bristol ad nothing about whether it's complete or there are bits missing.

I need to get a copy of the marriage entry for George Alfred Hodson to Catherine Maria Benson on 15 Sep 1815.

I think this is my 4 x great grandparents and I'm hoping the entry will give occupations (and, if my prayers are being answered, parents names)

I was trying to wait until I could get back to Bristol myself but it looks unlikely to happen until next year and I'm desperate to know before then so I want to pay the records office or whoever for a copy.

Zoe
    Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

There are definitely microfiches of that register at Bristol Record Office, Zoe. But the marriage entry is unlikely to tell you their occupations or parents' names, though it will give you the witnesses' names.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Noooooooo - don't say that.

Deep down I know the parents won't be on it. But it's christmas and miracles are meant to happen. Surely I can hope for an occupation at the very least.
      Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

Comment

Even if none of these lookup exchange people have the right church (is that one generally known by one saints name?), they still might be able to point you in the right direction:

parish register uk look-up exchange :: The Information Sharing Website

Comment

According to this:

Church of St Leonard City, Bristol

it seems likely St Nicholas would be the more usual name of the church as the parish church of St Leonard was pulled down in 1771, but the two parishes were combined.

St N's is on that lookup exchange for the right date!!

Comment

Working...
          X