Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GALE images? Possible to save?

Redacted
    Last edited by Penelope; 06-05-21, 16:44.

I just highlight ;;R click and save image into whatever program it needs I think I found mine would only save with adobe , I use Vista ;;but sure you can store as other ,;;;fingers X someone will tell you, and me
    borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

I use Vista as well. I just saved the article as a web page which then opened using my web browser. Not particularly efficient but quick.

Robert
      Robert

Comment

I know I saved some when I was at the library but don't remember if I used right-click and save image or if I used Prt scrn then pasted into paint.
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Any chance of sharing the Gale web site, ? lol, I have had a look, but can't seem to find it, I haven't been on it for ages, and wouldn't mind a little look...just point me in the right direction, will be enough..lol....thanks.....Lilly.....

Comment

I haven't been able to find anything on it - is it just me or is the coverage just for certain areas.

Suggestions please
            Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 25-11-08, 17:14. Reason: link removed

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Can we ask members not to publish the link for the Gale newspaper site as we are not sure if it is a valid entry point.

Thanks.
              Elaine

Comment

Yes, it does just cover certain areas. Once you're on the search page you can click on "Browse Publications by Location" (above the basic search box) to see which areas are covered.
                Sarah

Comment

I usually look at the artice not the page. To save the article right click on it and 'save picture as'. It then saves the article, not the web page.
                  Last edited by Kit; 26-11-08, 00:33.
                  Kit

Comment

All of the links to the Gale website never works for me whether they are genuine or not.

Comment

Thanks for those suggestions, all. I will try a couple tomorrow. It's had good coverage for the places and people I've needed so maybe am lucky with it!

Comment

Originally posted by maggie_4_7 View Post
                        All of the links to the Gale website never works for me whether they are genuine or not.
                        Thats very interesting. I tried to access gale via Internet Explorer and was unable to access at all
                        Then tried it by going through the Web browser on my main AOL page. This allowed me in.
                        Then if I went back to Internet Explorer it allowed access.
                        All very odd to a Computer Illiterate like me.
                        May be worthwhile trying another browser.

Comment

I've never found anything on there either, but I would usually save the webpage if you can't save the image.
                          Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

My great Uncle Benjamin Brewerton was a landlord of various hotels.
                            Have come across various reports of attempted robberies at his hotels.
                            Also a notice that he received a live chameleon from India!!
                            They seemed to be of some standing, not bad with an ag lab father, but both he and his wife developed TB and he was made a bankrupt shortly before he died.
                            Poor chap.
                            If it's to be, it's up to me.
                            Searching for:
                            English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Comment

Redacted

Comment

Working...
                              X