OH Bother.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OH Bother.........

Just had a call back from Lambeth records office, who I have to say were wonderful, they have spent this AM trawling thier huge marriage record books and cannot find the entry I needed, even with the year and quarter, apparently in the books they use all the years are mixed up so it is not a case of going through logically they do really have to hunt.

Anyway a big thankyou to them for trying.

Just tried to ring GRO and the lines are so busy they are cutting people off with an apology, so sitting here very frustrated and cross I do not do patience very well........ and will try again later.:(

Rant over.

Calm down, Dear. It's all Michael Winner's fault. Lol
    Grampa Jim passed away September 2011

Comment

LOL Jim,

Got through at last and all ordered so will have to wait now although he did say only a weeks wait. Have to say he was a very nice gent and due to system crash he phoned me back as the computer was taking so long to do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by perranmaid View Post
        Just had a call back from Lambeth records office, who I have to say were wonderful, they have spent this AM trawling thier huge marriage record books and cannot find the entry I needed, even with the year and quarter, apparently in the books they use all the years are mixed up so it is not a case of going through logically they do really have to hunt.
        Just for the record, marriages are filed by place of worship, plus Register Office marriages and the registrar's "travelling" register for unregistered venues or officiants. The number of marriages per year (or per century!) varies enormously.
        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
        X