Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have a look at our smashing collection of International (non-UK) war memorial photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have a look at our smashing collection of International (non-UK) war memorial photos

Thank you ever so much to those who have contributed so far.

The FTF 'International (non-UK) war memorials' wiki section would love to display your photos so don't forget to take them cameras and keep snapping.

Here's just a few photographs that have been very kindly donated by the FTF members and their friends.

France:

Australia, Japan and Thailand:

Belgium and Germany:

To view the full selection of war memorial photographs please click on the link (in red):
    International (non UK) war memorial wiki page

Great photos John, thank you for looking after this part of the Wiki, if you would like to add the photo of the single gravestone of Peter Tomlinson, please do, or i can send it.

Sylvia
    Sylvia

Derbyshire :- Gough, Tomlinson, Fletcher, Shipley, Spencer, Calladine, Rogers, Kerry, Robotham
    Leicestershire:- Gough, Cooper, Underwood, Hearn, Inglehearn
    Staffordshire:- Robotham, Hickinbotham, Hill, Holmes

Comment

Hi Sylvia,

As the British Commonwealth War Cemetery at Yokohama is divided into a few sections (Australian, British, Indian, New Zealand and Canadian and Post War) I may represent these seperate sections with there own set of photos and include Peter Tomlinson's gravestone as one of the four photos representing the Australian section. If nobody has any objections of course.

P.S. I like your signature picture. :D

Comment

I love my signature picture, just need someone going to Ficheux France for one of my uncle John Gough.

It was a shame i had to make it small to fit there, as the writting is not visable

Sylvia
        Sylvia

Derbyshire :- Gough, Tomlinson, Fletcher, Shipley, Spencer, Calladine, Rogers, Kerry, Robotham

Comment

It's not quite the same Sylvia and the text is still quite smallish but I don't know if this would be of any interest to you ...

PTomlinson.jpg

Comment

Thank you for doing that john, looks great

Sylvia
            Sylvia

Comment

Now, as you say, all we need is for someone to go to Ficheux France.

Would anybody out there like to give Sylvia, Me and all of FTF an early Christmas present please! :D:D

Comment

Thanks John for looking after this part of the wiki. You are doing a great job.
                Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Yes John, you're doing a great job.
                  I'm waiting for -

LES BARAQUES MILITARY CEMETERY, SANGATTE
                  ROYE NEW BRITISH CEMETERY
                  JEANCOURT COMMUNAL CEMETERY EXTENSION
                  Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Hi Wendy, Hi Chrissie,

Thank you ever so much for your support and of course your marvelous contributions. :D:D

I can't wait to see them too Chrissie, now you've mentioned them. :D

Comment

New 'International (non-uk) war memorial' photos have been added to the wiki for Belgium, France, Germany and Japan over the past couple of days.

Please feel free to take a peek ... :D
                      Last edited by Guest; 28-11-08, 07:10. Reason: France added, many thanks to Christine in Herts.

Comment

John

I don't know if you would want this, but I have a photo of a grave in Kanchanaburi Cemetery, for a J G Mitchell, of St Ives Cornwall. My daughter took this on her travels in Thailand as it was the first grave she saw in the cemetery and we lived at the time in St Ives.

OC

Comment

Hi OC,

Yes please! as long as we have your daughters permission to display the photo. That would make a great start for the Kanchanaburi War Cemetery. We can look to get a memorial photo at a later date.

Look forward to seeing it.

Many thanks :D:D:D

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
                          John

I don't know if you would want this, but I have a photo of a grave in Kanchanaburi Cemetery, for a J G Mitchell, of St Ives Cornwall. My daughter took this on her travels in Thailand as it was the first grave she saw in the cemetery and we lived at the time in St Ives.

OC

Comment

There will now be a slight pause, lol, until my daughter gets back on Thursday as I don't know where the original is - I only have the photo as printed in our local rag and it isn't a very good quality.

My daughter owns the copyright of the photo. She may have some more cemetery photos too.

(Rather sad, the photo printed in our local rag did not attract any responses, even though the chap's parents were named.)

OC

Comment

Don't worry about any pauses OC, I'm waiting for loads and loads and loads of peeps to send photos in. Only problem is - they just ain't snapped them or haven't seen this site yet ... LOL!! :D

If your daughter does have any more photos that would be wonderful. You never know, if we display the photo on here it may attract a response :D:D (of course it may not).
                              Last edited by Guest; 13-06-09, 15:52.

Comment

A little nudge for anyone who hasn't seen yet or would like to contribute. :D

Comment

Working...
                                X