No internet connection on Laptop through Router on PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No internet connection on Laptop through Router on PC

I have just got my Laptop back from having a second Motherboard fitted problem is cannot get the internet now although I could before it went away.
    Have a Wireless Router on the PC which I usually connect through
    Cant for the life of me think whats wrong any ideas ??? thanks

Silly question but have you got the wireless connection on the computer switched on?
    Elaine

Comment

hi and yes Elaine I'm on the PC as we speak LOL
      Its funny as its showing two pcs with a red cross on them , which I dont remember seeing on there before, its so cold out here ,even with some heating on was hoping to get back on it tonight
      I wondered if I had to re-install the broadband on it somehow , I dont even remember how I did it when I first got it ????

Comment

This may sound silly but is the wireless switched on on the laptop? On mine I accidently switched it off once. There should be some sort of light on the laptop showing like a radio mast with lines like a beam (bit like a lighthouse!!!). On mine the switch is the Fn key + one of the 'F keys'.

Comment

hi and thanks I am sure it is , I am getting the error message 680 no dial tone ????
          I could scream I really could

Comment

Hi Val,
            I'm not too clued up on this but I think this may help.

You should also have a small icon like one pc showing for your wireless connection.

If you right click that it will give the option to view available networks.

Your main network should show up, if you have your router security enabled, you will have to put your password in to be able to connect to it.
            Christine in Portugal

Comment

thanks Christine tried that but no joy finally got through to talktalk and it seems its because its been repaired I have to reinstall the user name and stuff ??

Comment

Hope you manage to sort it out.
                Christine in Portugal

Comment

what a palaver its taken over an hour online to get it sorted, and all because I had a new Motherboard fitted

Comment

If you stop and think about it , you have basically a new computer.
                    So you should have to supply the correct info, otherwise anybody could connect to your network.
                    Things do not just happen ,you have to make notes and then use them in situations like now.

Ken

Comment

Ken I appeciate that I had all the info needed but they would not work as it seems my phone line made it worse as it has a crackle on it , been reported now .

Comment

Working...
                      X