Forest Green!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forest Green!?

I am trying to find my 3x great grandfather before he married my 3x great grandmother, he is a widower on their marriage cert. His name was William Green and I have found this one, 1851 census, in Richmond, Surrey but can't make out his wife's name, mistranscribed as Forest looks more like Feast to me but I don't think it's that either!

Could someone please have a quick look and see what they think

Class: HO107; Piece: 1605; Folio: 234; Page: 18
    Janet ;)

Researching - Curr, Woolven, Beeden, Haslett, Shurey, Barton, Slade & Harding.

Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain.

I think it starts with an F because the first letter looks like the F in farrier on the same page.

TBH it looks like Frank to me :D
    Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

Looks like Feast to me

]

Comment

Possible marriage

Marriages Mar 1846
        Bates Feast
        Green William
        Downham 13 137
        Elaine

Comment

Well done Elaine, what an unusual name ..

]

Comment

OMG Elaine, I didn't even think that Feast could be right :D Thank you.

Thank you too Joan & Light
            Janet ;)

Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain.

Comment

1841 census for Feast Bates - mistranscribed as Frost Bates
              HO107; Piece 88; Book: 18; Civil Parish: Ely Trinity; County: Cambridgeshire; Enumeration District: 14; Folio: 4; Page: 2; Line: 10;
              Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine, found her baptism on the IGI,
                Feast Bates - Bap. 08/08/1819 - Littleport, Cambs. And that's where she says she is from on the '51 census. Now just to find out if he's mine!

Thanks again for your help.
                Janet ;)

Comment

I'd be interested if you find out where her name comes from - it sounds like it might be a surname.

I do have a gt x lot grandfather called Frost, but that is a surname.
                  ~ with love from Little Nell~
                  Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

I have FROSTs in my maternal tree, too. Hampshire ones. In fact, Hannah FROST married William CHRISTMAS. :D

Christine
                    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

My grandad's cousin married a man called Forrest, he was from America

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

My chap was Frost Massingham, from Langham in Norfolk.
                        Christine, I wonder if they felt fated to marry?
                        ~ with love from Little Nell~
                        Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Their daughter's birth was registered in the same district as William & Feast were married and she was Elizabeth Frant Green, it will be interesting to find out where the names come from but as I am nowhere near Cambs it may be some little while
                          Janet ;)

Comment

Working...
                          X