Canadian Passenger Lists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Passenger Lists?

Ernest George Lansdown and Isabel Matthews married in Feb 1908 in London. By November 1908 they were in Toronto, Canada where their son was born.

I have seen the return passenger list from Canada on Ancestry stating they arrived in Bristol 11th Sept 1912 and at that date their son was aged 4, which is almost correct (lol)

A contact tells me there are outgoing passenger lists to Canada on Ancestry, but as he doesn't have a sub any more, could I have a look at the 1908 records? Trouble is, I can't find any Canadian Passenger lists! Can anyone else find anything?

Here's the link Merry
    Canadian Passenger Lists, 1865-1935 - Ancestry.co.uk
    Elaine

Comment

Mistranscribed as Landertown

Ernest Landertown born c1880
      Date of Arrival: 15 Jun 1908
      Vessel: Parisian
      Port of Arrival: Montreal, Quebec
      Elaine

Comment

Oooh, Fanks Very Much, Elaine!!

Comment

I'd have said that this Wiki page would have been worth a look?

Emigration and Immigration - Family Tree Forum

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Sorry Christine, it didn't occur to me to look anywhere else as I was asked to get the info from Ancestry.

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
              Sorry Christine, it didn't occur to me to look anywhere else as I was asked to get the info from Ancestry.
              No problem - it's just that I was aware that the Canadian archives have inbound passenger lists, indexed by ship-name and date - but you have to browse the images.

The relevant link is in the Wiki.

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
              X