Information On The Bryant Family From Cork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information On The Bryant Family From Cork

Hi I Am Trying To Trace Any Information On My Father George Ernest Bryant. He Was Born 6 May 1913 In Cork. It Is Known That He Was In England In 1949 (the Year I Was Born) And That He Married A Lady In London In 1950. George Was Not Married To My Mother. On His Marriage Certificate It States That He Was A Widower. Apparently It Was Found Out By Someone That He Was Not A Widower But Had A Wife In Ireland. The Marriage Was Annulled In 1951. I Cannot Find Any Trace Of My Father After This. In My Birth File It States That He Served In The Raf In India And When He Came Back His 1st Wife Had Died And The Child Had Been Adopted. This Is A Complete Mystery, I Don't Know What To Believe. I Cannot Find A Death For My Father In England Either (i Don't Know If Someone Could Please Research This For Me Also). It May Well Be George Went Back To Ireland Or Somewhere Else After The Marriage Was Annulled. The Trail Has Gone Cold.

My Father's Life (or What I Know Of It) Was Certainly Colourful. Is There A Site Where One Could Find His Service Record?

Please Help.

Also I'm Trying To Trace His Sister (name removed - possibly still alive) Bryant Born 26 May 1923 In Cork. She Was Born At 6 Sutton's Buildings, Off The Old Youghal Road, Cork. It May Well Be She Is Still Alive Or If She Married There May Well Be Children Alive. My Grandparents Were Married In St Patricks Church Rc, Lower Road, Cork In 1908. I Desperately Would Like To Find Someone Who Knew My Father So I Can Complete My Jigsaw. As Above This Is A Complete Mystery.

Regards

Kathryn Bryant
    Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 23-11-08, 16:12. Reason: name removed - possible living person

go on ancestry and look in the army documents there free for just this month,put his name in and see what comes up all the best brenda xxx

Comment

also google the name see what comes up brenda xxx

Comment

Hi,
        If the people you are seeking are in Ireland it is very difficult to find things out although the 1901 and 1911 census for Ireland is searchable it is not all online so you would need to get someone to look for you in Dublin where it is available.
        Try a family history society in Cork to see if they can help.
        If you have seen the marriage certificate then you could try to trace his father and then any other descendants.
        You should remove the details of (name removed) from your post as she may still be alive and it is not allowed on this site to publish this sort of detail without the person's permission.

I will see if I can find a death for your father.
        Margaret
        Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 23-11-08, 16:13.

Comment

Kathryn, welcome to Family Tree Forum.

As Margaret has pointed out we do not allow details of living people to be published on the site.
          I have therefore removed the name of your aunt in your post, and also Margaret's reference to her.
          Elaine

Comment

I couldn't find any death record for your father post 1984 so you will now need to look at the BMD death images for each quarter 18982 and earlier to see when your father died if indeed it was in the UK.
            Margaret

Comment

Working...
            X