• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Address

Hello,

Can anyone help me read this address?

Thanks so much,

Susan
    Researching Harris, Mason, Murray, Dickson and Denovan in Scotland, Drury and Brady in Ireland, and Boothby, Gower, Waghorn, Blyth and Humphrey in England.

IS that off a census page or cert? what parish/county is is supposed to be in?

Comment

It's from the 1901 census in Marylebone, London.
      Researching Harris, Mason, Murray, Dickson and Denovan in Scotland, Drury and Brady in Ireland, and Boothby, Gower, Waghorn, Blyth and Humphrey in England.

Comment

What is the census reference? That may help us identify the street.
        It could be Castle Street East, which is now known as Eastcastle Street.
        Phil
        historyhouse.co.uk
        Essex - family and local history.

Comment

It says RG12/89 at the bottom - is that the right thing?

Comment

If you look at the "description of enumeration district" then it may have the street names written more clearly.
            KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
            (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

There should be a Folio and a Page number as well, the name of the person would help as well.
              Phil
              historyhouse.co.uk

Comment

Yes, it's Castle Street East.
                Class: RG12; Piece: 89; Folio 90; Page 21;
                This pub is on the same page and the street name is a lot clearer for that entry.

The description of the the Enumeration District confirms it.

Hope this helps.
                Phil
                historyhouse.co.uk

Comment

Thanks everyone so much for your help, I really appreciate it.

Comment

I know that this will probably seem a very silly question to most of you, but where would I find out the list of streets in each enumeration district? I didn't know you could do this (still so much to learn!).

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Suze B View Post
                      I know that this will probably seem a very silly question to most of you, but where would I find out the list of streets in each enumeration district? I didn't know you could do this (still so much to learn!).

Thanks
                      If you look at the actual image of that census, above the image is a line that says

"You are here - search - census - .................. All Souls - District 4"

If you click on the All Souls you should get a list of the districts in All Souls. You can then click on "View description of enumeration district" for District 4

Jackie
                      Jackie

Comment

Is that on Ancestry? My membership ran out and I'm feeling skint at the moment but looks like I might have to re-invest.....

Thanks

Comment

Yes sorry it is on Ancestry. I don't know if there are any other sites that have those pages.

Jackie
                          Jackie

Comment

Working...
                          X