Software for Mac?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software for Mac?

Sorry if this is a stupid or much repeated question, but are there any family tree packages available for the Mac? If so, which do you recommend? At present I have everything on Ancestry which is all very well but rather ties me to a subscription

TIA

Hello TIA

I have MacFamilyTree, but don't use it as much as I should

OH insisted that I ought to get something instead of relying on the free ones.

Tribal Pages is the free one I like ... here's the link

TribalPages.com - Free Family Tree - Genealogy

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Hi Rachel

I'm really looking for something I can install locally...

Comment

Some reviews here:

Genealogy Software for Mac - Family Tree Software Reviews, Downloads, Free Trials & Tips for Macintosh Computers

Mac Genealogy Software
        Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Thanks for that Wendy - Reunion looks like it could be good

Comment

I use Reunion and can recommend it. You can download a free trial to test it out for yourself.
            CAROLE : "A CHIP OFF THE OLD BLOCK"

Comment

Heredis is very good and so easy to use, I have the older version didn't up date as my imac (ox 10.4) is very old and needed to update computer - After 20 plus years using mac's I decided to changing to pc (due to cost of new Mac)

I liked Heredis and was just going to buy the full one for the pc but they stopped making it for pc only do it for a mac now. I've now bought the FTM 2009. There is also a freeware/shareware one I think its Mac family tree (will check when I put mac on) I used along with Heredis --- you can even add photos.

Jan

Comment

Working...
              X